All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: ASI 5810
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:10 pm 

For some reason, I cannot get ASIO to show up as a device on the uMPX Decoder when using an ASI 5810 sound card on Win 7. Talked with AudioScience, and they can't figure it out. Suggested I check with Thimeo. Need ASIO to sync a SFN with GPS. Any ideas?

Post subject: Re: ASI 5810
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:11 am 

Does it work with any other ASIO software?

Post subject: Re: ASI 5810
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:22 pm 

Went through the exact same thing. AudioScience support insisted the newest drivers (I was running the current drivers) and a newer OS (not a reasonable option on the embedded platform involved) were the only path to success.

Instead, through trial and error, I found some degree of success with driver v4.18.09.

Going from memory here, but... I believe 4.18.08 was the first to support the ASI5810, though it had an issue where, whatever sample rate I'd specify, it'd actually use the next lowest one in the list (making it impossible to select 192KHz).

4.18.09 and several versions thereafter did seem to work properly, though it required the buffer size to be divisible by 256. So it was impossible to optimize for lowest possible jitter and latency, but it did function.

By version 4.18.21 or thereabouts, ASIO disappeared again, and didn't reappear in various randomly-chosen versions beyond that.

I've been meaning to ask AudioScience support if there's a way to adjust the buffer granularity, but I suspect they'll just tell me to install the latest (not usable for me) driver version first.