All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: AoIP Input Options
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:14 pm 

Looking to feed AoIP into Stereo Tool. Planning on uMPX output. Our plant is Livewire, so AES67 is an option. I see quite a few references to AES67 in the release notes. But nothing in the software. I installed on a Windows 10 box with a Livewire driver already licensed and can get Livewire to feed in. On my Linux test box there are no input devices whatsoever.

What's the best path forward here? Is there an AES67 option that I can make work on Linux or do I need to run this on Windows with a licensed LiveWire driver?

Post subject: Re: AoIP Input Options
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:43 pm 

There are indeed ways of achieving AoIP input in Linux, but I won't lie, they're all a massive pain in the arse, and (as a linuxy person) I can testify significantly less reliable than just running DVS or Livewire on Windows Server.

Either you go hard mode, and use ffmpeg/gstreamer to intercept the AES67 RTP packets in pcm_s16le format from a multicast (which is doable with Dante in AES67 mode, but really difficult to configure).
Or, you can use the merging audio alsa driver, https://www.merging.com/products/alsa_r ... s67_driver. This... works.... not reliably, but it does do the job if you're a sysadmin whizz and know how to tune a computer for RT to an inch of it's life. This has the advantage of an ALSA device being much easier to work with than interfacing directly with AES67, but the disadvantage of being completely opaque, and there's no real way of fixing if if, like mine you get audio glitches after a few hours.

Sorry, no easy option, and no option as reliable as a dedicated well-setup Windows box tbh. But I'm happy to help if you have any specific questions!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:54 pm 

To be clear. Axia IP audio driver won't work on input PC with Win10?
What about another version of Windows?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:51 pm 

Quote:
To be clear. Axia IP audio driver won't work on input PC with Win10?
What about another version of Windows?
Axia Drivers work with with Windows 10.