All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:38 pm 

Has anyone attempted to do this? I'd be interested in the results. The trace alpha card has a perfect flat response with no sloping on square waves at low frequencies, and looking at it on a scope gives a perfect square wave basically right down to DC.

I suppose it shouldn't be too difficult to remove the RC filter from a cheap soundcard, and there's plenty on sites like aliexpress. I guess the only other possible problem could be the audio response from 28hz to 57khz may not be completely flat on some cards regardless of RC filters.

Some poorly designed transmitters also have AC coupled inputs and improper biasing, as a result the audio response is all over the place, I tested a Chinese transmitter someone gave me for repair and response of the MPX input is way out, no amount of calibrating in stereotool would get it right.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:04 am 

You can get an M-Audio Audiophile 192 second hand for cheap. Modification of that card has been already documented and the results are good.
The only downside is that you need a PCI slot.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:09 am 

Quote:
PCIe 1x slots make good use of those pesky slots. For X-Fi cards... Id recommend the PCIe cards over the PCI cards due to known issues with the PCI cards.
What issues with PCI cards?