All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Greetings all
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:28 am 

First post here.

First of all what am awesomme product. It sure has made life much easier as I am concerned with quality of my audio.

I use SAM 4 and my music library is all wma file that are 24-bit 2-channel @96Khz.

I believe that the output of audio is only as good as the input of the audio namely the source and in this case the *.wma.

I woudl very much appreciate IF someone could provide a screen shot of their ST(stereo tool). This would help tremendously as an example then adjusting to meet/suit one's individual needs.

I've just switched to the 3.10 beta from 2.02 after seeing that it was available.

My sound card is a creative x-fi elite pro, my ASIO setting are at 64 samples.

Using ST v2 was great and made the quality of my audio top-notch with SAM 4.

In using 3.10 beta and loading my previous *.sts setting does require me to mkae some changes hence a screen shot would be helpful to use a a basis.

Once I have made my final adjustments and of course happy with it, I will post it here for those that are using the same sound card as mine.

I would also very much appreciate IF it is available a *.pdf of the help section rather than reading it online.

Hans, if possible woudl you consider this. I would be most willing to help/assist you.

I travel to Holland very often.

Tot ziens

mapleleaf

wmeier@mirana.net
Studio 9

Post subject: Re: Greetings all
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome Mapleleaf,

Are you having a problem with the sound, or with other (eg. FM transmitter) settings?

If you're switching from Stereo Tool 2.x to 3.x, the only changes that you _need_ to make are:
- In the Multiband compressor, configure the first two lowest bands (they are new). You might also need to modify the 2 highest bands (their frequencies changed a bit - the volume of the highest might need to be set a bit higher, the one before that a bit lower). Note that the Clipping filter is new, you could turn it off but generally the sound improves if you leave it on.
- The singleband compressor should be replaced by the final (pre-) limiter.

To get an idea of settings that should give a good sound, you might check the presets.

About a PDF help file: I'm still working on the help pages a bit - offering them as a PDF file is probably a very good idea, and I will look into that as soon as I've finished them.

By the way - have you checked the tutorial? That should answer most of your questions - if it doesn't I have to rewrite it... See http://help.stereotool.com/tutorial.shtml

Please let me know which problems you are experiencing - I will add a "switching to Stereo Tool 3.x" help page. Knowing which problems you encountered might help when writing it.

Post subject: Re: Greetings all
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 8:38 pm 

Hi Hans

Thanks for your reply.

I have it v3.10(beta) working very well with SAM 4 and my sound card. Currently broadcasting on web radio and very happy with the quality.

I am streaming at 128 using accPlus which has definitive advantages over an mp3 stream.

I am using Creative x-fi elite pro with v3.10beta of stereo tool. Once I am fully happy, if you wish I can here.

I would be happy to volunteer to help, if needed.

regards

mapleleaf

Studio 9 - Digital Audio at its Best
http://www.studio9.mirana.net

Post subject: Brass air fittings
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:09 am 

Now that is a lot of brass air fittings http://www.liangdianup.com/subpages/airfitting_1.htm there is just about every type
of air fitting that you could want. Wholesale prices too. I guess these could be used as small water pipe fitting also. I
used some of the parts to make my babington wvo burner.