All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: ST + Winamp + Shoutcast
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:20 pm 

Hello everybody!

I installed Winamp + Showtcast Source DSP + Stereo Tool
My Input Setup in Showcast Source DSP is enabled to Soundcard Input Device Input and this setting is not working for the Stereo Tool.
What should I do to work all together?

TIA,

Raul Lemos Sobrinho
Novo Hamburgo - RS
Brazil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:19 pm 
Site Admin

If you want to use both Stereo Tool and ShoutCast within Winamp, they are both DSP plugins and you'll need to load them both. By default Winamp doesn't support that, see http://help.stereotool.com/using_multip ... gins.shtml for a solution.

In ShoutCast, you'll need to make sure that the input is what it's receiving from Winamp.

Note that if you do this, you won't be able to use Winamp output plugin crossfading. There are solutions for that as well - let me know if that's what you need.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:54 pm 

Hello hvz,

Both plugins are loaded. The problem is that when using the ShoutCast configuration Input Device with the option Soundcard Input, the Stereo Tool stops processing the audio. Processing only occurs when the option is Winamp.

Thanks for your help.

Raul

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:21 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hello hvz,

Both plugins are loaded. The problem is that when using the ShoutCast configuration Input Device with the option Soundcard Input, the Stereo Tool stops processing the audio. Processing only occurs when the option is Winamp.

Thanks for your help.

Raul
Ah! Now I understand what you're trying to do...

The input from ShoutCast MUST come from Winamp to be processed by Stereo Tool. If you want to process the sound card input, use Winamp to process it.

Install this plugin: http://home.hccnet.nl/th.v.d.gronde/dev ... index.html

Then select linein:// as input URL.

That should do it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:26 pm 

Hi There,
I am new to Stereo Tool but not to Winamp/Shoutcast streaming.

The process I have been using has been using Shoutcast 'Line - In' for streaming but I want ST to do the audio procsssing.

I have set the 'Line In' link in Winamp after installation of the plug-in and Winamp is being driven in the display BUT I have no DSP to ST & SC. I have the DSP plug-in installed with ST at the top of the list, then SC.

I welcome any info that can be offered.. Kind regards, Ray

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:00 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome raycopeland,

Are you using non-standard sampling settings (ie. not 16 bit 44.1 kHz)? If so, make sure that in DSP Stacker you DISABLE the forced 44.1/16 bit settings, otherwise DSP Stacker will bypass any plugins!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:43 pm 

Quote:
Hi There,

The process I have been using has been using Shoutcast 'Line - In' for streaming but I want ST to do the audio procsssing.

I have set the 'Line In' link in Winamp after installation of the plug-in and Winamp is being driven in the display BUT I have no DSP to ST & SC. I have the DSP plug-in installed with ST at the top of the list, then SC.

Hi raycopenand,
Did you manage to fix your problem? I am experiencing the same issue and I would like to know if you found a solution that works. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:21 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Hi There,

Hi raycopenand,
Did you manage to fix your problem? I am experiencing the same issue and I would like to know if you found a solution that works. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Hello,

I experiencing the same issue now. When i played some audio files it going perfectly trough St & SC. But when I select Linein in Winamp you see the waveform moving but no sound is going to ST.
Is there some fix for this?