All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:11 pm 

I am computer technician in Brazil and would like to deploy the ST in a radio in place of an Orban 8200 .
I found the great sound even using an onboard audio chip with ASIO , is very good .
Now, what prevents me from putting in the air is that besides the transmission of FM air, accurate audio streaming , leaving the same PC.
Did with Breakaway Broadcast , which worked with Edcast .

How could help me and where to start ????
Thank you and congratulations on the software.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:23 pm 

Hi
Can you please say exactly your studio-transmitter configuration and how you are planing to use StereoTool.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:43 pm 

Hi, thanks for replying.
In fact I even decided, did work. Has a sound output that was left disabled on windows, the mixer.

Even so, I would like to exchange an idea, why I want to deploy the system and try to install on other radios.

Specifically this radio operates as follows:
They have the announcer room (in the air), which use a mixer, microphone and a computer with the radio system (ZaraRadio or infoaudio or pulse) and then leaves a P2 stereo cable, p10 or balanced to the orban 8200, that finally sends a cable BNC composite for a LINK (MPX input) and finally goes to the transmitter.

I want to use this medium ST, instead of Orban and enjoy the computer and to stream to webradio.
I would like to help you and make a run of good scheme and future use in other radios that have contact.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:18 pm 

Ok then it's very easy to replace processor.
All you need good PC with good soundcard (usually Marian and Juli@ are best choices), set asio in ST and you are ready to go.
However you would need to check that link, since it's analog, for TILT, and calibrate things and levels.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:09 pm 
Site Admin

For streaming, you have 2 options, and which works best depends on your needs.

1. Use the built-in VLC integration in Stereo Tool. You can stream directly from Stereo Tool if you have VLC installed on your system. See http://help.stereotool.com/7.50/sound_cards.shtml and search for VLC in the output sound card settings.

Warning: Something that I've noticed recently: The MP3 encoder in VLC is pretty bad. If you want to stream in a format like OGG this solution works fine though.

2. Use VB Cable or VAC (Virtual Audio Cable).
These are programs with which you can send audio from Stereo Tool to another program, which can be any program that you want to use to stream.

Now, there's a problem here (one that I'm planning to fix, but it's still on my todo list): If you output your audio to 2 different sound cards (VB Cable/Virtual Cable is seen as a separate sound card in this case), the sample rate will not match perfectly. which will cause one of the buffers to get empty.

If you have a sound card which supports virtual cables internallly (such as all ESI sound cards, I'm certain that the ESI Juli@ has it, not 100% sure about others) then that fixes the problem.

Otherwise you could run 2 Stereo Tool instances simultaneously, one for FM and the other for streaming. The CPU load needed for streaming is a lot lower than that for FM so this is probably not going to be a problem.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:14 am 

Regarding the sound card , I used the same onboard and behaved very well with ASIO4ALL , unbelievable .

VIA Vinyl™ VT2021 - 10 channel HD Audio Codec
High-performance ADCs with 100dB SNR, DACs with 110dB SNR Various Output Format
5 Stereo DACs Output Pairs supporting 16/20/24-bit, 48/96/192/44.1/88.2 kHz sample rate
2 Stereo ADCs supporting 16/20/24-bit, 44.1K/48K/96K/192KHz sample rate
2 independent 16/20/24-bit S/PDIF TX Outputs supporting 48K/96K/44.1K/88.2 KHz sample rate

In Brazil , to get these cards that indicated to me is complicated. And the dollar here is very expensive , difficult matter, but I will check the possibilities.

Enabling FM Transmiter , as can the composite output ????

What guidelines do you give me to the output for the link is good ????

I have a big problem here , as these presets that have the program do not meet the deaf ears of Brazilians. Like very serious and acute that seems to be splashing ...... kkkkkk

I am very grateful for the guidelines and intend to put to run this week also want to see how it behaves in the air.
Got any tips to pass , and I pay attention to me ?

Thank you .

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:46 pm 

I can not generate the stereo ?

I did a test with a technical device in radio here, where the pilot lights and other light comes on when the generated stereo . ( Is there another way? )

I'm using ASIO4ALL the VT2021 chip , the sound that is a marvel , but not complete MPX , pilot and all.

I have to leave enabled FM Transmitter only ?

Or have to leave any other option enabled ???

I was crazy here , does not enable or the fucking .

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:46 am 
Site Admin

Is the sample rate set to 192 kHz? In ST, do you see the full MPX spectrum displayed? (Next to the 2 waveforms)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:50 pm 

The sampling rate is 192kHz .

* In ASIO :
This enabled ASIO

INPUT:
Asio input channel 1
Asio input channel 2

FM :
Asio output channel 1
Asio output channel 2

Latency:
Asio output channel 1
Asio output channel 2

*In Normal output: nothing

*IN FM OUTPUT :
Is normal, just enabled and also I enabled Correction enable.
Asio output channel 1
Asio output channel 2

Output & output tilted .
It has the second wave , I believe it is the pilot ? ( is that).

*In LQ Low Latency .
enabled.
Asio output channel 1
Asio output channel 2

*IN FM TRANSMITTER :
General enable
Pre -emphasis enable
Encode enable stereo

Are these the comfigurações ?
Where I see the full MPX spectro ? ( Output FM ? )

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:09 pm 
Site Admin

You're sending both the FM (MPX) output and the low latency monitoring output to ASIO outputs 1 and 2. That's not going to work! For now, start with Low Latency output disabled, and if you want to turn it on later, send it to free (unused) ASIO outputs.

In this image, the display at the bottom right shows the mono signal, 19 kHz pilot (thin vertical line), the stereo signal (mirrorred) and the RDS signal (2 bumps). You should see something like this, otherwise Stereo Tool isn't generating the stereo signal (but based on your settings I don't expect that to be the problem).