All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:01 pm 

As I can see now it will be possible to have an IP network connection to our transmitter spot in near future. This will be a local network (in same building), no internet involved.
My plan is to stream lossless, so that could be FLAC, WAV/PCM. Any recommendations about the to use software? VLC could be a good one to stream? At the transmitter site there is already a computer which process the audio into MPX send to transmitter. Now still used a tuner connected to cable radio provider.

That computer will receive this stream by another (onboard) sound card to the output of it and then to input of Marian Trace Alpha sound card. I don't know if it's possible to skip this way to feed the stream directly into standalone Stereo Tool. That will safe a decoding pass. As far as I know this is not possible with Stereo Tool.

First we have to experiment with some computer network over coax cable gear and rearrange that long coax cable to our transmitter. When this all works we will have the real benefit of Stereo Tool on air.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:43 am 

Well.. problem is that there is few programs that will do the job, and I try every of them, none of them are enough realible or lack of some fundamental features (like stream-on-start).. etc..
Except one. Price is, I must say, huge!
Quote:
That computer will receive this stream by another (onboard) sound card to the output of it and then to input of Marian Trace Alpha sound card. I don't know if it's possible to skip this way to feed the stream directly into standalone Stereo Tool. That will safe a decoding pass. As far as I know this is not possible with Stereo Tool.
Ofcourse that is wrong way. You need 2 PC's, one at studio and one at transmitter site end. Feed PC1 with Audio, balanced cables or even better, digital input, directly from console/mixer > network > PC2 with ST.. done.
Both soundcards should to be good. I use Juli@ at PC1 and Marian and PC2.

There is also (finally) good hardware solution, and price is not bad.
http://sigmacom.gr/3252/3522.html
In this case you don't need PC1. And PC2 is in studio ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:14 pm 

Thanks Bojcha!

AudioTX could be good for that. There are no reliable alternatives? Stream on start and for sure also receive by start are the most important things.
We have analogue mixer, so the input needs to be analogue. A good sound card is available, so no problem.

EtherMPX is a nice product, do you have experience with this?
"Price is not bad", then I am curious what this will cost.
Indeed with this solution PC2 (Stereo Tool) can be in studio.
"Only Omnia.9 can provide Digital MPX" That's something new, digital MPX?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:21 pm 

Quote:
"Price is not bad", then I am curious what this will cost.
Indeed with this solution PC2 (Stereo Tool) can be in studio.
For price ask on mail. Kind guy will answer all your questions.
Quote:
"Only Omnia.9 can provide Digital MPX" That's something new, digital MPX?
Ofcourse that you can have digital (spdif) output with marian or juli@ :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:22 pm 

That AudioTX software is incredible, I haven't seen such a low latency audio anywhere with MP3 etc. compression! But yeah, it's pricey and I don't quite agree with the price since it's just a software that does just limited things :P

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:31 am 

http://www.zachpoff.com/software/networ ... ansmitter/