All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:17 am 

I want to go "live" using SAM as my music library into a Tascam M-164FX mixer, then back into the PC to be sent over Shoutcast.

I have succeeded in getting the PC audio into the mixer through a mixer channel and back into the PC, but it's coming INTO the mixer POST-Stereo Tool. I'd like to have SAM audio, my mic, an Instant Replay and a phone patch to go through the mixer, THEN send it back into the PC - and process it all through Stereo Tool and into Shoutcastland.

Is there a way to accomplish this? I have Virtual Audio Cable if that'll help.

Thanks so much!

Howard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:06 am 

Hi..
Things bit depend on Soundcard you have, but should be eaysy. All you need to do is to MUTE Input on Soundcard, to avoid loop

Send master from mixer to soundcard input > to stereoTool Input > StereoTool output will be VAC and (i recommend EdCast) input for stream same VAC.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:42 am 

Quote:
Send master from mixer to soundcard input > to stereoTool Input > StereoTool output will be VAC and (i recommend EdCast) input for stream same VAC.
Hi, Bojcha!

Could you give me a bit more detail on how to set VAC with this? I have VAC, but I'm not at all proficient at it! Thanks much!

Howard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:51 pm 

VAC default settings from Control Panel should work!
If you have latest VAC you might need to set "worker threads - Up to" 1 and "Prio" to 31.

If your soundcard is, for example, SoundMAX in ST it should look like this: http://i.imgur.com/kCZS0.png
EdCast like this: http://i.imgur.com/QQSiw.png - Be sure to set Attenuation at least to "1"

Latest Edcast: http://code.google.com/p/edcast-reborn/ ... e&can=2&q=
Latest Lame mp3 codec (you need .dll): http://www.codecsdownload.com/download/Lame_Encoder.htm
Recommended Lame mp3 dll: http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/85378016/file.html

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:49 pm 

My soundcard is the stock one that came with my Dell 530s. Realtek drivers. Will that work or do I need to upgrade? (It's a slim profile PC so I might be limited in what I can do.)

Thanks!

Howard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:12 pm 

It should, just make proper and good wuality cables.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:50 am 

I have to tell you, I'm a complete noob when it comes to VAC. I went into SAM4 Configuration, Audio Mixer Pipeline, Air Out, then chose VAC 1 as the output in the dropdown menu, and the program froze. Was I supposed to do that?

Seriously, I really need step-by-step directions on how to do this...obviously I don't know what I'm doing here at all. If you can take me from the output of SAM (in the Config, Audio Mixer Pipeline, Mixer Out, right?) all the way to sending it out.

Thanks! I hate to be a hassle, but trial-and-error doesn't work well for me! :D

Howard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:01 am 

nope...

You said that all is on your mixer .. so i guess beside mic, phone hybrid.. etc, also SAM (?)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:07 am 

Sorry for the confusion: When I said "mixer" I meant the "mixer output of SAM", not the actual physical mixer.

I'm also quite confused where all the codecs and .dlls go. I told you, I'm completely new at this! I downloaded edcast, and it extracted and installed, but for the life of me, I can't find it, no less use it.

I really need a step-by-step method of doing this.

I never felt dumber in my life! :lol:

EDIT: Okay, I found edcast, launched it, and set the VAC 1 in the dropdown, but there's no provision for "Line In" in the other. But I don't even know what I'm doing!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:17 am 

Wait, wait, wait. I'm doing this all wrong. You're saying I should have the soundcard output going into my physical mixer, which I've done...but the SAM audio is being processed by Stereo Tool going into my physical mixer. I need the unprocessed output of SAM Broadcaster going into the physical mixer. So now I need to take the signal coming out of the physical mixer which is being fed back into the sound card, and then send THAT into Stereo Tool.

Is that more clear?

Thanks!