All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Radioboss+Stereotool
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:11 pm 

Hello to everyone!

The placement of stereotool within radioboss (before encoder) is not possible. Asking them to make that an option ended up by telling me to do this, that, and the other just to brush me off that subject.

So, I set it up like this:

Standalone Stereotool (very basic license) is taking the stream from internal radioboss server (320b) and process the stream, then I send it to the broadcast server.

1 So far, the only thing that I could n ot achieve is "taking song titles from the stream and sending them to server."
I do not understand the part where you need to point stereotool to some file from which the titles and artists will be extracted. That is the main problem.

2 Too bad it is impossible to enter values. Instead, you have a slider that you move to whateve value you need.

3 I noticed that AGC section is NOT moving at all. To my understanding, it should. Input signal is filled up and periodically turns red on either sides, but LLB and AGC do not show any activity, which makes me wonder.

???

Which presets would work best for internet radio where we play and talk. The buttom line: weneed it to sound rich and volume smooth. I would very much appreciate any help/suggestion.

Best...
Paul

Post subject: Re: Radioboss+Stereotool
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:25 am 

Quote:
Hello to everyone!

The placement of stereotool within radioboss (before encoder) is not possible. Asking them to make that an option ended up by telling me to do this, that, and the other just to brush me off that subject.

Standalone Stereotool (very basic license) is taking the stream from internal radioboss server (320b) and process the stream, then I send it to the broadcast server.

1 So far, the only thing that I could n ot achieve is "taking song titles from the stream and sending them to server."
I do not understand the part where you need to point stereotool to some file from which the titles and artists will be extracted. That is the main problem.

2 Too bad it is impossible to enter values. Instead, you have a slider that you move to whateve value you need.

3 I noticed that AGC section is NOT moving at all. To my understanding, it should. Input signal is filled up and periodically turns red on either sides, but LLB and AGC do not show any activity, which makes me wonder.

???

Which presets would work best for internet radio where we play and talk. The buttom line: weneed it to sound rich and volume smooth. I would very much appreciate any help/suggestion.

Best...
Paul
I can't help with the first part of your query as I don't use Radioboss. However...

As far as 2 and 3 go, what version of the software and type of plugin are you using? You should certainly be able to enter values; even values out of most of the sliders' ranges. The AGC meters should also definitely be responding to things. Hmm... Can you try the latest beta thread (10.31) and see if that solves either of these.

As far as the preset, Stereo Tool recently redesigned their compressor (again) and this time it's Adaptive and works like an AGC as well. It's so good at gain-control that the few presets that currently use it don't even use the AGC. Try Aquinas or Adaptive Bass Monster and adjust from there. It should be noted that this compressor mode is not part of the basic license (it needs Advanced Dynamics) but please feel free to give it a trial off the air.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:02 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Hello to everyone!

???

Best...
Paul
I can't help with the first part of your query as I don't use Radioboss. However...

As far as 2 and 3 go, what version of the software and type of plugin are you using? You should certainly be able to enter values; even values out of most of the sliders' ranges. The AGC meters should also definitely be responding to things. Hmm... Can you try the latest beta thread (10.31) and see if that solves either of these.

As far as the preset, Stereo Tool recently redesigned their compressor (again) and this time it's Adaptive and works like an AGC as well. It's so good at gain-control that the few presets that currently use it don't even use the AGC. Try Aquinas or Adaptive Bass Monster and adjust from there. It should be noted that this compressor mode is not part of the basic license (it needs Advanced Dynamics) but please feel free to give it a trial off the air.
Thanks for your comment

I am using the latest 10.31 version.

Tried to click the valuse to enter manually, but all it does is just moves the slider to that point where I click.

as to AGC +8 drive and target +4 (default) it was not moving. I changed target to -10. and it works now...

Could you please listen https://onlineradiobox.com/us/bfm/?cs=us.bfm&played=1 what do you think?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:12 pm 

Quote:
Tried to click the valuse to enter manually, but all it does is just moves the slider to that point where I click.
Ah, sorry I wasn't more clear. Try right-clicking the slider or numerical value and you should have a menu entry for "Type a value"

In the web interface, you simply click into the number area which becomes an entry box.