All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Rocketbroadcaster
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:08 am 

Hi All
I'm a bit in the dark as I'm a Mac person. I'm trying to add a VST plugin version of StereoTool to Rocketbroadcaster, which is a streaming programme that can run many audio mp3 and AAC streams at different rates. We currently run a hardware processor, but I'd like to try StereoTool.
I'm running Windows 10 on what will be my dedicated PC, and have downloaded the latest 64 bit version of the .VST3 file. However, Rocketbroadcaster sems to be expecting a .dll file.
Do I have to unzip the .VST3 file? Right clicking on the .VST3 file doesn't offer me an Unzip function.
I also read somewhere that the VST plugin versions are not free, but I see nowhere to buy them.

Could someone just take me through the steps of downloading, unzipping or unpacking the file, and installing the Plugin, hopefully with Rocketbroacaster, and confirm that it's the 64 bit version that I need.

Thanks, Rob

Post subject: Re: Rocketbroadcaster
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:27 am 

Hi. A quick Google shows it's looking for a 32 bit VST2 dll, not a VST3. Try that version and see if you don't have more luck.

And Stereo Tool is both free and paid, in the form of upgrades (shareware). The plugin version does require a license to work without beeps. But you can fully set it up and give it an unlimited trial before purchasing.