All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Custom made Monitoring
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 1:19 pm 

Hi all!

Maybe someone here can help me with finding a solution.. But first let me introduce myself!
My name is Danny, IT-Guy at loopreizen.nl and currently working on the website of Loopreizen Radio.

As of the beginning of this month, the company I work for has setup it's own internet radio station and it's all working fine and dandy!
We use Thimeo Stereo tool to stream our content to the hosting which uses IceCast 2.4.4.

Now we want to have a heartbeat monitor installed with the hosting, which it could manage doing so with sending e-mails when the stream would go offline if any error occurs.
But, we also would like to receive a text message via SMS when it happens. For this to happen, IceCast needs to receive some extra metadata so that the hosting's monitor has something to check.

The tag requested is found on the server statisics page in the IceCast docs: https://icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.4.1/ ... stats.html - Available raw data
The tag's name is audio-info.

We use SPL (Station Play List) Studio Pro to send the music over to Stereo Tool, but I cannot for the live of me find the damn settings to send the correct metadata to Stereo Tool or set these tags in Stereo Tool to be sent to the IceCast server.

So here's the question: Is it possible to send these tags in the first place via Stereo Tool?

If that's not the case, Is there a hook for me to call a custom made PHP script to check if Stereo Tool is up or down?
If there is, then I can check the headers sent by it and decide if any action is needed.

Thanks in advance!
-Danny