All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: burn a cd
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:09 pm 

Is it possible to burn songs with the stereo tool added to the mix?

Post subject: Re: burn a cd
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:04 am 
Site Admin

I think you can use Winamp to burn CD's. However, since Stereo Tool introduces a delay, the track boundaries may not be exactly at the right place.

Alternatively, if the track boundaries are important, you can use the command line version of Stereo Tool (see the download page). Write each track to a .WAV file, use Stereo Tool to process each .WAV file, then burn a CD of the resulting .WAV files.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:39 am 

Quote:
I think you can use Winamp to burn CD's. However, since Stereo Tool introduces a delay, the track boundaries may not be exactly at the right place.

Alternatively, if the track boundaries are important, you can use the command line version of Stereo Tool (see the download page). Write each track to a .WAV file, use Stereo Tool to process each .WAV file, then burn a CD of the resulting .WAV files.
I think the command line version is the one I need.I downloaded it but when I try to open it it briefly flashes on my screen and disappears.what have I done wrong?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:19 am 
Site Admin

Well, it's a command line version. So you should open it in a DOS box.

Usage: stereo_tool_cmd infile outfile settingsfile
Example: stereo_tool.cmd inputfile.wav outputfile.wav C:\path\settings.sts

Note: "settingsfile" must be a FULL path (not a relative path), otherwise it won't work. If you have any more questions, please let me know...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:37 pm 

I use the winamp plugin and just have winamp use the "Write to Disk" output instead of DirectSound.
This created wav files that are processed through Stereo Tool, I'm not a 100% sure if this works on DRM music cause I saw a post before where Hans said DRM enabled music doesn't pass through stereo tool. But I did have a couple of DRM enabled FLACS that seemed to work. I didn't know FLACS could have DRM in them. O.O

^^ dumb statement, Flacs can't have DRM (DUHY) it was just my burning program messing up. >.>

Last edited by Gtxx on Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:26 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
But I did have a couple of DRM enabled FLACS that seemed to work.
That's strange. The whole idea of DRM is that you CANNOT convert them to .WAV files (there is of course a workaround: Burn them to CD then re-rip them. And you can use an ISO image as well).

That's also why DRM protected recordings are not processed by plugins: Each plugin could simple allow writing everything to disk. That's why Winamp doesn't send the data to plugins. (Visual plugins are a different story: They probably do receive audio, but the quality is really bad and the bitrate is insanely low).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:40 am 

They might not have been DRM enabled, I tried to burn them with CD burner XP but it wouldn't let me because the tracks had DRM. It could have been CD burner messing up. :\