All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:10 pm 

Hi Hans i know that the Direct Wire on ESI Julia is too most as VAC. An please help me to conect ST Standalone to Edcast and than Shoutcast Server, with the help of DirectWire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:36 am 

Hi Boris
First we must know how do you plan to play your music to stream? Same PC do all, or ... ?

Anyway here some tips:

- Download edCast Standalone
- For aac Plus streaming copy enc_aacplus.dll from winamp's folder into EdCast folder
- For mp3 streaming copy lame_enc.dll from winamp's folder to EdCast folder

EdCast has some bugs, particularly if you use VAC, so you must do next...
- make edcaststandalone.log file "read only"
- make edcaststandalone_1.log "read Only" (and other .log file if any)
- mute all inputs in VAC recording (capture) mixer! - This fixes EdCast bug when closing.
- Set your stream (mp3 or aacPlus) and you are done with EdCast

situation 1 - One PC do all.
Here you don't even need soundcard, any soundcard will be good for just monitoring. Using VAC you can set VAC1 as output from your player and use same VAC1 as input for ST, in ST set output to VAC2 and VAC2 for EdCast.
note: if player is SAM Broadcaster, be shure to turn off all Limiters compressors and EQs from SAM. ST will do the job.

situation 2 - First PC plays music and second is only for Stream.
This is better choice because Play PC and stream PC are independent. Both PCs here need to have good soundcards. Juli@ and Marian Trace Alpha are best choice, but other soundcards will do good job. For me new onBoard Realtek and SoundMAX soundcards are nice for playback. First PS Player to soundcard, use good cable to connect it to Second PC.
PC2 - Streamer, input is, let's say, Juli@ and that goes in ST input , output is best to be VAC (ideal virtual soundcard) and again same VAC to EdCast.

Tip for ST: Choose/Make your preset and for aacPlus stream set output to -2dB and for mp3 stream set output to -1dB.

Tip for VAC: Open Control Panel and set SR to 192000-192000, BPS 16-16, NC 1-2, Max Inst 20, Ms per int 1 Volume Control OFF. Use StereoTool with 192kHz input.

As you see here you don't need "direct wire" from Juli@, unless you need other way to stream.

^best

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:30 pm 

Now, for transmit my station i used separate computer with Standalone ST and soundcard ESI Juli@. And now i want transmit radiostream? and want to get it wit one comp (all in one) I need output of stereotool conect to input Edcast... may i do this with Direct Wire, or nedd VAC? When need VAC, what config of VAC must be ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:28 am 

I try to make stream with your method (all in One) but not work. In output of ST i used 1&2 asio chanel. When i put VAC 1 to output of ST (ASIO 12 work ) and then in Edcast conect VAC1, Nothing not played. Ithink that ASIO channel interfere VAC. But when i dont use ASIO and put only VAC to output. Signal from output Juli@ not played. Can i use Direct Wire for Conect to Edcast, and also to play FM radio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:04 am 

Now all work :) I organize that but direct wire/ out of ASIO conect to input of Edcast an now all played/ Thanks all !!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:36 pm 

My Stream - http://trt.homedns.org:8048
stream in test mode, link only put in winamp Play URL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:06 pm 

Have Some trouble, Whe Edcast and Stereotools working simultaneously, after 2-3 hors i hear some artifacts which makes by ASIO.
My buffer is - 0.60 sec. Сan be done Something to get rid ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:12 pm 

Here i try FM Out and Normal Out using Asio fro input and FM and VAC for Normal Out (and EdCast)

All works fine! Half Hour buffer stays in place.

input is 192000!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:01 pm 

now all work,Iput 44100, CPU load 21% , Edcast work without VAC and Repeater..... only Directwire, transmit FM & Stream

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:59 pm 

Quote:
Here i try FM Out and Normal Out using Asio fro input and FM and VAC for Normal Out (and EdCast)

All works fine! Half Hour buffer stays in place.

input is 192000!
I try tu setup your method. Input 192000 kHz. For FM i used FM output, for Edcast used Normal Output with VAC1, but without Direct Wire not work. When i disconect cable in Direct Wire sound is muted...