All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Re: Crispy Sound
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:44 pm 

Hi Hans,
Well done with all the hard works and the continued recent improvements in the Stereo Tool, I have tried the 20090322 beta version it sounds still great, it is a very good idea to see a large list of presets prepared and customized for all users listening preferences in your next 3.5 version.
I sincerely hope that Stereo Tool will eventually be one of the best sound processor in the market.
Thank you,
Abdul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:55 am 
Site Admin

Ok, I've been looking into the multiband compressor a bit, and I have found a few minor improvements.

1. I've made the bands look at their surroundings more. When a loud frequency is present, the surrounding bands will be lowered a bit also. This seems to give a slightly warmer sound, and also the input volume of the multiband compressor can be increased a bit without getting a very flat sound.

2. There was a bug in the "limit output" clipper of the multiband compressor. I've solved it, and now the peaks in the output signal of the multiband compressor are slightly softer.

The difference in sound quality are minimal, but the bass sounds are about 0.5 dB louder now - which corresponds to your wish to increase the 43 Hz slider. It does not seem to have any effects on the rest of the sound.

Available for download now, version number is 20090325.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:12 am 
Site Admin

There's another update, please see viewtopic.php?p=995#p995 for the details. This version is about 0.3-0.4 dB louder than the 20090320 version...

I'm planning to release v3.50 this weekend, I'll add the other changes (more presets etc.) a bit later.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:47 pm 

Also remember Stereo Tool can only use what u supply it,

I am considering re-ripping at least 20% of my current music library (22 000) songs to WAV
as mp3 just isnt up to scratch, and on my experiments with WAV i can get my sound pretty much
the same or better than some of the local stations.

Just finishing a proposal to the people who budget us on why we must buy so much more TB's of hard drive space for our server haha

(sorry to hijack thread a bit at the end)