All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:11 am 

Hello! I'm loving the StudioOne preset so far, but I think it could sound slightly more natural on some songs and speech programming. Currently, it sounds mostly good and natural but a bit "compressed" on some material.

Considering new Stereo Tool upgrades and more advanced presets being made over the years (like RMS, Averaging and dynamic/adaptive compressors), I think the StudioOne preset could get new enhancements or "upgrades" that make it sound more natural and "punchy" but keep the preset's feeling. A new preset similar to StudioOne is also OK.

If a new preset or preset modification would be made similarly to this one, here are my desired goals/changes:
- Suitable for a "public" radio station airing spoken word, easy-listening contemporary pop and rock music, and classic hits in the same station (especially different mastering between songs - some are heavily mastered/remastered)
- Sounds more natural and "open" on spoken word (talk/news) programming
- Relaxed for long-term listening, but not too boring and still has consistency, dial presence, some "depth" and "hidden details" being brought in front - yet not too loud or compressed (has some "streaming" or "CD" feeling, or even better, Omnia feeling)
- Sounds slightly brighter, more "sparkling", and more punchy instruments (but not too bright or bass-heavy)

QuadBender sounds great but a bit too "open". Other adaptive presets, as I've tried, also mostly sound over-processed. Dutch Chocolate Moose sounds good (it's at the top of the preset list), but should have a smoother, less bright version for "easy" stations.

I have all licenses for processing, except Delossifier. I use both the FM and HD mode. (For context, I use Stereo Tool 10.40, loaded the original Studio One 2.02 preset file's Repair and Broadcasting, then 10.40's built-in Studio One preset for processing, and running on a MacBook Pro w/ M2 Pro with Mac audio fed via BlackHole. My media player programs don't have any processing or compressors.)

Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 9:33 am 

You can try this preset and maybe add some more bass or slower release times for highs. :)
https://forums.stereotool.com/viewtopic ... 10&t=34541