All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:25 pm 

First of all, I'm extremely sorry for not replying for an entire month. I was so busy that I completely forgot about this post. I am truly sorry.

I tinkered with the settings, but at the end I settled for the preset "Dutch Chocolate Moose". I feel like it sounds best for the music I play. I also felt like the limiting in the "Unveil" preset is too much. I turned off Auto EQ in the "Dutch Chocolate Moose" preset because it almost seems to give my voice a different spectral balance every single time I speak.

After all that tinkering, I came back to the preset that I started with. No wonder its on top of the list of presets. :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:31 pm 

Quote:
First of all, I'm extremely sorry for not replying for an entire month. I was so busy that I completely forgot about this post. I am truly sorry.

I tinkered with the settings, but at the end I settled for the preset "Dutch Chocolate Moose". I feel like it sounds best for the music I play. I also felt like the limiting in the "Unveil" preset is too much. I turned off Auto EQ in the "Dutch Chocolate Moose" preset because it almost seems to give my voice a different spectral balance every single time I speak.

After all that tinkering, I came back to the preset that I started with. No wonder its on top of the list of presets. :)
Actually, now that I'm listening to it, I want to keep some settings from "Dutch Chocolate Moose" and some settings from "Unveil". I'm kind of indecisive.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:15 am 

With the current release version (10.11) you can import certain modules from existing presets and Frankenstein together one that you like more easily than manually copying values over. This technique isn't likely going to sound so good without additional tweaks, but the foundation would be there for you to go on.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:35 pm 

Quote:
With the current release version (10.11) you can import certain modules from existing presets and Frankenstein together one that you like more easily than manually copying values over. This technique isn't likely going to sound so good without additional tweaks, but the foundation would be there for you to go on.
I can't upgrade to the newest release version because the playout computer is offline, the audio output from that computer goes into the streaming encoder.

I think I finally know what I want.

I want a sound that is not heavily equalized, sounds natural, but consistent.

Here is a station that managed to perfect this: https://voca.ro/1mx6F3aCO3jY

Very clean sound, they kept me listening for hours without feeling fatigue.

I hope someone can help me achieve something similar.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:51 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I can't upgrade to the newest release version because the playout computer is offline, the audio output from that computer goes into the streaming encoder.

I think I finally know what I want.

I want a sound that is not heavily equalized, sounds natural, but consistent.

Here is a station that managed to perfect this: https://voca.ro/1mx6F3aCO3jY

Very clean sound, they kept me listening for hours without feeling fatigue.

I hope someone can help me achieve something similar.
That's it! I'm settling for 7 Wonders by Bojcha. Just perfect for what I needed. Thank you everyone for your help.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:42 am 

I would without a doubt give you the advice to use Bojchas latest Preset: Averange Joe! That’s a killer in my opinion! Our stream sounds so good!:)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:06 pm 

I tried the preset Average Joe and it sounds amazing!

I like it!

But, on some songs (for example: Madonna - Papa Don't Preach) I can hear it slightly increasing the gain on some bass notes and then ducking a 1-2 seconds later.

But I haven't slept well for days, so I might be hearing things I don't know.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:51 am 

First of all, Happy New Year to everyone on this amazing forum! :)

I'm sorry if I come across as a complainer or as a person that is never satisfied, but this has been bugging me for a while now.

During the holidays when I had lots of free time, I noticed that there is a bit more RMS energy in the quiet parts than in the loud parts when using the Unveil preset. The loud parts get pushed down a lot and the quiet parts get increased a lot. This is especially noticeable when using the Studio One preset. In the Unveil preset it's not that noticeable but it's still there.

I compared my sound to my local radio stations and even though their audio sounds distorted, the RMS energy is normal between the quiet and loud parts.

I hope someone can help me fix this problem. Thanks!