All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:21 pm 

Hi there,

first of all: I am a total beginner and don't know that much about Soundprocessing - so please forgive me if I maybe say stupid things :D

I have a general question: The preset I am using (with current MB/AGC) is fine though I think some parts in audio that are in the original file not so loud get too loud due to processing (like Background noises, breather, very quiet Instruments, crackle etc.).

Do you know what I must set different to reduce this effect? Goal would be that the compression/AGC is more subtle, maybe it's too aggressive now / too less soft. Songs are all original, no normalization EBU-R 128.

I am not sure if it has something to do with AGC or with MB1 (analoge). Is it maybe the AGC Ratio I could change (currently inft) or the MB1 Ratio (i changed it from 6:1 to 3:1 but the problem is still there). Noise gate is at -55dB but I think that has nothing to do with it.

I hope someone can give me an advice. Thanks!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:32 pm 

I'm not too great at configuring compressors or AGC's, but I'll try to help. Have you tried lowering the AGC Drive?

Do you have the Advanced Dynamics license addon? If so, there are things like Sudden Drop Protection and Sudden Jump Protection that may help. There's also the idea of adjusting the number of bands.

I like more bands, but I understand how this can hurt the dynamics of music if not properly configured, which I'm personally fine with. I like hearing the sounds you describe; just not too loud compared to the primary sound, and as little audible adjustment as possible.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:34 pm 

Hi,

thanks and sorry for the late reply.

Currently I use a preset without AGC.

I have the Advanced Dynamics license, yes. Where can I find these settings you mention? Do you have values you can recommend? I use the old ST 9.92 cause the new GUI is confusing for me.