All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Trouble with pumping
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 5:23 pm 

Hey,

I am using this preset for -12 LUFS: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=33345
BigFlex 6 v.029
with StereoTool 9.92 (Winamp Plugin for RadioBoss). I normalized all tracks with -16 LUFS (would you recommend this value?)

Now I notice on air that the sound is pumping. I am not a pro with StereoTool, so I have no clue where I can change the settings to avoide this kind of pumping.

I have enabled "show deprecated settings", but honestly don't know if everything is fine with this. Maybe this preset doesn't work so good with 9.92?

Can really use help, appreciate every answer - thanks :)

Post subject: Re: Trouble with pumping
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 12:26 am 

Bojcha, the creator of the preset, will often help users tweak them in ways he sees appropriate to get the best sound. I recommend trying to also post in the thread for BigFlex with your query. Be as explicit in detail as possible.

As to it not working in the newer version, the software is meant to be as fully backward compatible with presets as possible, and this one isn't very old. I believe Bojcha also doesn't use the new version when making presets if I'm not mistaken. You can always try the beta for 10.02 in these forums here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=33391

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 5:31 pm 
Site Admin

The "Deprecated settings" warning isn't really an issue and you can ignore it; it basically means that if a preset that you load contains some setting that we think is "bad" in a filter that's not being used anyway, we flip it to the new, better value. But since it's not being used that won't affect the audio at all.

Bojcha's presets usually sound very natural, and I can't imagine that they would pump, even with wrong input levels. So the first thing I would suggest is to check if there are any sound card settings that may be affecting the audio. Some sound card drivers contain some - usually extremely bad sounding - processing. Make sure that any effects are turned off (go to the Windows sound card settings for the output sound card that you're using).

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 12:56 pm 

Thx Hans. I checked that. Should be ok now. I am working with Studio one (for -11lufs) currently. Challenge there is that i want little bit more highs/dynamic (instead LRA of 2 about 3 or 4) but i dont know how to do that without messing things up with the rest of the preset :/ do you have any idea? (Posted this in the Studio one Thread too).