All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Microphone Trouble
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:19 pm 

OK so I've sorted the mixer problems out and everything works as it should. I'm now having trouble with the Microphone [Behringer C-1 XLR]. While the music is coming out strong, when I open the mic the music overpowers my voice, even when I use the faders on the music. I'm not sure why or what I'm doing wrong? If anyone can help that would be fab :)

Jason

Post subject: Re: Microphone Trouble
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:29 pm 

Quote:
OK so I've sorted the mixer problems out and everything works as it should. I'm now having trouble with the Microphone [Behringer C-1 XLR]. While the music is coming out strong, when I open the mic the music overpowers my voice, even when I use the faders on the music. I'm not sure why or what I'm doing wrong? If anyone can help that would be fab :)

Jason
Do you use the speech detection mode at all?

Not sure if this needs BIMP.

I am sure one of the more experienced members here will comment.

I'd be interested to see how you get on, as I am planning to add radio scheduling software (Rivendell), a mixing desk and a microphone at some point in the future.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:38 pm 

I haven't tried the speech detection yet. I too was wondering would I need the BIMP. However, the BIMP only seems to be available on Input 2. I'll do some more testing and let you know.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:22 pm 

Quote:
I haven't tried the speech detection yet. I too was wondering would I need the BIMP. However, the BIMP only seems to be available on Input 2. I'll do some more testing and let you know.
Great! Let me know how you get on with speech detection as the first step, unless a more seasoned member here comes up with some solutions.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 5:40 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
The BIMP is the solution for this; you want your microphone input to be processed and at a specific constant level before you mix it in with the music. But that does indeed require that you can feed the microphone signal from a different input, so it needs to bypass the (hardware) mixer; there is a software mixer in Stereo Tool though which you could open on a tablet for example.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 1:04 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
The BIMP is the solution for this; you want your microphone input to be processed and at a specific constant level before you mix it in with the music. But that does indeed require that you can feed the microphone signal from a different input, so it needs to bypass the (hardware) mixer; there is a software mixer in Stereo Tool though which you could open on a tablet for example.
I can certainly do this. I will give this a test.