All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: UK Standard...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:07 am 

Hi,
You experts do great at making and updating presets, I certainly tried to make a few of my own but didn't work so I get how hard it is But. . . I'd Just like to mention some things that could be improved on by the experts making presets for Stereo tool. (For those who have Basic version maybe understand this too)

I've tried every basic preset and edited nearly every one of them trying to get some kind of UK standard, from Radio 1, 2, Smooth (Scotland), Magic, Radio X, Gold, Absolute and achieved zilch. All I will say that may help with future developments is I've found that nearly every preset has too much harshness coming through in the 600 - 4000hz area. (Bojcha's Unvail is the best for the 600hz freq in Multiband (Mainly noticable in the piano bits of Emeli Sande - Clown song from the start))

Also the attack times are too long on most presets which make it harsher and don't tame KLANGS and jingles quick enough for example in the Miracles - I don't blame you at all and the honeycombs - Have I the right (which gold processes very well). As a result tends to give me a headache after a while. + the release times can be too short which results in an echo I mainly notice on small speakers.

And the other thing is consistency can be all over the place in a lot of presets, especially for voice. It's okay if you're broadcasting over FM or if you have the pro version because it'll get modulated but not for us poor basic people.

Just wanted to mention as i've tried over the past 3 and a half years to get something.

Post subject: Re: UK Standard...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:13 pm 

Hi..
How much this fixes all that? This is free (no-license) preset. It's basic spectrum, that's easy to adjust.
Attachment:
BigFlex6_v0.31B_HD_Bojcha_Free.sts [412.93 KiB]
Downloaded 263 times

And hardcore version..
Attachment:
BigFlex6_v0.31E_HD_Bojcha_Free.sts [413.28 KiB]
Downloaded 227 times
Let me know.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:08 pm 

Hello,

I've just tried this today... this is by far the best preset i've heard, awesome job man!! Bojcha you need to add these 2 to the the very top of the preset list on the new update beta (esp. free version), thanks so much! :D :D

The ONLY thing I would add is turn on truebass band 2 and put up to 120hz and that's it... should sound great for small speakers too. (I think bbc radio 1 uses that bass boost freq. :idea: but i'm not sure)

Excellent work!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:07 am 

Quote:
Hello,

I've just tried this today... this is by far the best preset i've heard, awesome job man!! Bojcha you need to add these 2 to the the very top of the preset list on the new update beta (esp. free version), thanks so much! :D :D

The ONLY thing I would add is turn on truebass band 2 and put up to 120hz and that's it... should sound great for small speakers too. (I think bbc radio 1 uses that bass boost freq. :idea: but i'm not sure)

Excellent work!
Dont have power to put any preset in ST :)
Bass: All that stations you mention (i mostly listened gold) uses some sort of optimod, so wide Q 85Hz ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:21 pm 

This sounds pretty good! I think ST needs more free/basic presets for folks who want to get right to leveling background music on a stream (which this seems good for) or make their mic loud and consistent (Syrtho sorta) without having to learn or be fooled into buying a package they don't need yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:51 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Hello,

Excellent work!
Dont have power to put any preset in ST :)
Bass: All that stations you mention (i mostly listened gold) uses some sort of optimod, so wide Q 85Hz ;)
We gotta tell the bosses to get it added hehe ;) Maybe as Mrklorox says filtering it as well into free/basic presets would be good idea.

Bass: That's right both Magic & Gold use that bass freq, I was able to work that out because its so strong on those stations. Well if you can add that 85hz bass (Maybe not as powerful as Gold) it'll be perfect and I'll be sorted!

Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:12 pm 

Move EQ bass from 46 to 69Hz.
Attachment:
FreeFlex_v0.6_HD_Bojcha_Free.sts [413.25 KiB]
Downloaded 236 times
Here it is, i played with it more last night. Optimized both compressors, changed center of bass to around 80Hz, more accurate -12lufs level, etc.
I changed name since this is totally different then original preset.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:11 am 

Brilliant! Just what I need

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:23 pm 

Attachment:
FreeFlex_v0.9_HD_Bojcha_Free.sts [413.24 KiB]
Downloaded 279 times

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:54 pm 

Quote:
FreeFlex_v0.9_HD_Bojcha_Free.sts
Great work, Bojcha! Thank you. I've been using one of your other presets for months now and thought I'd give this a try for a change and see how it goes :-)