All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: UK Standard...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:55 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hello,

I've just tried this today... this is by far the best preset i've heard, awesome job man!! Bojcha you need to add these 2 to the the very top of the preset list on the new update beta (esp. free version), thanks so much! :D :D

The ONLY thing I would add is turn on truebass band 2 and put up to 120hz and that's it... should sound great for small speakers too. (I think bbc radio 1 uses that bass boost freq. :idea: but i'm not sure)

Excellent work!
Dont have power to put any preset in ST :)
Bass: All that stations you mention (i mostly listened gold) uses some sort of optimod, so wide Q 85Hz ;)
We gotta tell the bosses to get it added hehe ;) Maybe as Mrklorox says filtering it as well into free/basic presets would be good idea.

Bass: That's right both Magic & Gold use that bass freq, I was able to work that out because its so strong on those stations. Well if you can add that 85hz bass (Maybe not as powerful as Gold) it'll be perfect and I'll be sorted!

Thanks guys!
You seem to know your stuff about how these UK networks set their sounds up. I did wonder about Heart FM actually, seems rather 'distinctive' ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:43 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
FreeFlex_v0.9_HD_Bojcha_Free.sts
Great work, Bojcha! Thank you. I've been using one of your other presets for months now and thought I'd give this a try for a change and see how it goes :-)
eeeh, this something different then what i usually do. Also this one free.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:34 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
FreeFlex_v0.9_HD_Bojcha_Free.sts
Great work, Bojcha! Thank you. I've been using one of your other presets for months now and thought I'd give this a try for a change and see how it goes :-)
eeeh, this something different then what i usually do. Also this one free.
Ah you're right. I did wonder why fewer features were being used, the advantage being the Pi 4B decided to run cooler because the CPU wasn't being so busy!

I am now using BigFlex6_Final_Bojcha.rar - even better! The CPU is working even harder than before :-)

Great work, thank you again!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:06 pm 

Hi Bojcha!
Trying your preset FreeFlex_v0.9_HD in Stereo Tool 10-02 beta44. (Should I use this or the StereoTool 9.92 version for now?)
A short one:
Should I use "Sane Maximum" and mark the box Don't process high freq. above" in the CPU settings for this present?
I experience some bit of "distortion" (not perfect vocabulary maybe) in the bass coming out now and then that I would like to fix in some way. Not sure how to explain but it sounds a bit like a broken bass speaker in my headphones.
Any hints? :) You are fab man!
Best Regards

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:58 pm 

Quote:
Hi Bojcha!
Trying your preset FreeFlex_v0.9_HD in Stereo Tool 10-02 beta44. (Should I use this or the StereoTool 9.92 version for now?)
A short one:
Should I use "Sane Maximum" and mark the box Don't process high freq. above" in the CPU settings for this present?
I experience some bit of "distortion" (not perfect vocabulary maybe) in the bass coming out now and then that I would like to fix in some way. Not sure how to explain but it sounds a bit like a broken bass speaker in my headphones.
Any hints? :) You are fab man!
Best Regards
You can use latest ST. Try to disable "Phase delay". "Don't process highs" seems does not like "Phase delay".
I'm on Sane/130Q