All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:26 pm 

The only description i can find for the Flossy thing is:

The Delossifier improves the sound of lossy compressed audio. It's targeted at repairing low bitrate MP3 and MPEG2 files. Use this if your playlist contains low bitrate tracks. (But please, do everyone a favor and replace them.... With clipped audio that's usually not possible, but low bitrate is a different story.

Now is this all this does ?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:24 pm 

Have noticed when testing Deflossy unlicensed and offline it seems to make a significant sound change but what is it doing if the mp3 are high sample ones 192bps or 320bps . So my question is it worth 120EU as it might be but what does it do? It seems to put a bar at the top of the input histogram and fades the wave out on the other . Is this removing the digital flat spot to make it analogue ?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:17 pm 

It fills in the gaps and holes in the spectrum left by certain lossy codecs. You can watch the spectrogram and get a good idea of what it's filling in.

Nobody can say whether or not it's worth it for your uses except you.

There's no making a digital signal analog until you output it from a DAC. I think what you're describing by "digital flat spots" is solved by the declipper.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:59 pm 

I bought it thanks but am still having trouble building to much gain is there not an output gain volume control

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:14 am 

Ooh it does make it nicer sounding :) Its hard to explain but there is a significant difference in sound produced even wit high bps mp3. I wonder what its doing as it seems to change the peeks to make them softer on the display

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:12 am 

I've always found it makes digital sound more analog. But default too strong so dial back strength alot to shave just a touch of that digital metallic sound off. If too strong it will also reduce impact and punch.