All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Mic woes
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:06 pm 

Hi, I am loving Stereo Tool 9.91 , including Natural Dynamics but my mic session over the song turns into sounding like it's in a tube can anyone help?

Post subject: Re: Mic woes
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:43 pm 

Never use ND on just MIC.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:32 pm 

Quote:
Hi, I am loving Stereo Tool 9.91 , including Natural Dynamics but my mic session over the song turns into sounding like it's in a tube can anyone help?
This is confusing. Are you using the plugin in a DAW or something? What do you mean your mic session? This is on playback of a recorded input or live monitoring?

Have you tried disabling various effects to narrow down what might be the culprit?

Need more detail.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:56 pm 

Hi I reset sounds and the echo in a tube seemed to go away from voice overs . I am using stereo tool plugin in radio boss not latest version of Radioboss sadly due to update problems with supplier but its sill great so it uses a with mic and recorded voice sounds in mp3.

Radioboss is great and have had stereo tool for ages originally running with winamp . Thimeo was the best then and i think it still is :) I was using sts file that I had for winamp I could be that messing with this problem as it says when you loaded it there was some depreciated settings .

Is the floss and bimp worth spending a lot of money on ? I am not sure what these do so am not being rude about them just asking for more information . I think floss does something with mp3 but not sure exactly what .

I am also seeing direct and hear buttons these seem to introduce lag , but it could be since I updated windows it took out my gpu graphics driver. These seem to happen when using multiple process or repair. I am pretty sure now this was not natural dynamics which are amazing.
Also how easy is it to get terrestrial radio up and running . What are the licenses like for music . Can you get a different power broadcast license which is easier to get hold of and not so expensive ? How easy is it to set up with stereo tool?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:47 am 

Wow I found this post on this forum it works a treat with lag
Quote:
My suggestion is to set the Quality slider to 20% and Latency to 2048 (that helps A LOT compared to 4096, probably due to cache sizes). Then tweak your preset and try to make the CPU load as low as possible. Finally, increase it again.

Under CPU & Latency, make sure that you're using 3 (or 4, that doesn't really seem to matter) processing cores with no subthreads per channel, and enable "Ignore high frequencies" (that lowers the CPU load by about 20-30% for FM at 192 kHz).

Things to change to lower CPU load:
- Strictness under the clipper or composite clipper settings. Setting it lower helps a lot.
- Don't use Natural Dynamics or Delossifier. They are really heavy on ARM
- In the Declipper, set "Step size reduction" to 0.75. This has a small effect on audio quality but reduces the CPU usage of it by half.
Even with Intel Processor this works a treat my lag is 12% on four channels and 28% GUI Even with everything running with exception of Deflosser

I still need to know if it worth having flossy as i think it just rebuilds mp3 with low bitrate is this all it does ? As for Bimp this must be new but my mic is handling better and working properly. So really don't know what this does :)

So future and FM radio how do you get there obviously there is lots of hurdles not withstanding licensing but am clueless and would love some options explained for the restrictions in countries licensing rights.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:17 pm 

Oh I tracked this speaking in a toilet feature or in a tube weird echo out it seems to be something to do with DeHummer is it possible for the designer to add voice removal from this or is this already know about ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:18 pm 

Oh I tracked this speaking in a toilet feature or in a tube weird echo out it seems to be something to do with DeHummer is it possible for the designer to add voice removal from this or is this already know about ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:27 pm 

I also bought the FM upgrade but will need some direction how to connect it if anyone has done this please let me know?

Is this wat you use https://www.pcs-electronics.com/shop/pc ... tter-card/ it seems to come in three powers 1kw and 3Kw. Is this better than USB2.0 external box ?