All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:44 pm 

Here is a sample from a station broadcasting in my area. I want to achieve something like this in Stereo Tool. I think they use a AEV Mirage FM processor with a DBX compressor but I am not sure.

Any help is appreciated! :)

https://vocaroo.com/1nvD7e0oeO2u

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:20 pm 

Quote:
Here is a sample from a station broadcasting in my area. I want to achieve something like this in Stereo Tool. I think they use a AEV Mirage FM processor with a DBX compressor but I am not sure.

This sound or the recording you shared is straight up trash.

Do not try to imitate others. Create your own sound.

Use good quality songs and you’ll get there. The presets already provided with st are perfect.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:06 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Use good quality songs and you’ll get there. The presets already provided with st are perfect.
Well I guess you are right, I have caught them overmodulating over 75 kHz, and they sound very over processed but still they have the best ratings here in my city :) I have tried to create my own sound but I am unsuccessful. So far, I really like Bojcha's Unveil preset and I am using that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:03 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well I guess you are right, I have caught them overmodulating over 75 kHz, and they sound very over processed but still they have the best ratings here in my city :) I have tried to create my own sound but I am unsuccessful. So far, I really like Bojcha's Unveil preset and I am using that.
But, that does not mean I don't want to recreate the sound :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:19 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But, that does not mean I don't want to recreate the sound :)
Actually, I have completely changed my opinion. I listened to the station for a while and oh my god... It is so compressed, every single song sounds extremely echoed (like it is played in a giant hall or something like that), Absolutely terrible. I am sticking to Bojcha's Unveil preset for now, it is the best!! :D