All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:40 pm 

Which one has better bass?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:33 pm 

They do different things. True Bass restores the lower fundamental tones based on existing harmonics. My limited understanding is that Basstardizer has been obsoleted by Immersive Bass (upper bass harmonics) and True Bass (lower bass harmonics) with its Sub Boost (compressor). I think True Bass with Sub Boost might be my favorite feature of Stereo Tool that's the most audible. It's the much more natural-sounding bass effect.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:26 pm 

The problem is i cant find sub-bass boost anywhere but here is a work around:
Enable Power bass and set to 150 Hz
Enable Basstardiser, set the freq to 50 or 60 Hz and enchance it to +6dB

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:36 am 

Quote:
The problem is i cant find sub-bass boost anywhere
Sub Bass Boost is an extension of True Bass. True Bass needs to be on for Sub Bass Boost to be enabled. It's located to the right of the True Bass bands when you click the TB meters. You can also click below Processing > Bass effects > True Bass > Sub Bass Boost to get to the Effect Strength slider. Once it's slid up, the Deep Bass Synthesis slider under Quick Adjust on the left of the main processing page begins to affect it as well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:54 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
The problem is i cant find sub-bass boost anywhere
Sub Bass Boost is an extension of True Bass. True Bass needs to be on for Sub Bass Boost to be enabled. It's located to the right of the True Bass bands when you click the TB meters. You can also click below Processing > Bass effects > True Bass > Sub Bass Boost to get to the Effect Strength slider. Once it's slid up, the Deep Bass Synthesis slider under Quick Adjust on the left of the main processing page begins to affect it as well.
Only if I used the latest version. I guess it's time to upgrade

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:15 pm 

Definitely worth the (almost no) hassle.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:09 pm 

Quote:
Definitely worth the (almost no) hassle.
Hmm. What's the best settings again? Im not sure if setting the effect to +11dB @101 Hz will be OK for some listeners. I didn't notice any differences when enable True Bass + Sub - Bass Boost

I have the following enabled:
Basstardiser
True Bass + Sub Bass Boost
Power Bass

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:46 pm 

That's probably a lot more bass distortion covering up the good smooth bass synthesized by True Bass. I would start with only one effect enabled until you can really hear it before adding to it. You don't hear any difference when the Sub Bass Boost - Effect Strength is turned up all the way? If not then it might be detecting enough sub-bass from your other filters which result in a reduced effect. You can reduce the "No Boost If Already Loud" slider to make it ignore some of the detected bass, though it shouldn't be necessary.

I remember reading that both Power Bass and Basstardizer are no longer recommended because they've been obsoleted by better algorithms with less distortion.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:19 am 

I’d do 65hz 1.4Q. Meaning you’d have harmonics from 35 hz to 130 hz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:03 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I remember reading that both Power Bass and Basstardizer are no longer recommended because they've been obsoleted by better algorithms with less distortion.
Yes. And a way better (as clean as True Bass) replacement for Immersive Bass is coming soon. I have it working but it currently uses about as much CPU as the rest of Stereo Tool combined, which is why we have not yet enabled it in the latest beta post.