All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:34 pm 

I had AGC drive on at +12 dB + Natural Dynamics + Advanced Clipper and Multiband 1. The beginning of the track gets very loud (which is not when I'm listening on the record). If i had AGC off the jingles wi be louder than the music. Any ways to retain the dynamics / level of the tracks as best as possible?

Last edited by Bioska on Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:53 pm 

Quote:
I had AGC drive on at +12 dB + Natural Dynamics + Advanced Clipper and Multiband 1. The beginning gets very loud (which is not when I'm listening on the record). If i had AGC off the jingles wi be louder than the music. Any ways to retain the dynamics / level of the tracks as best as possible?
Using AGC, no. It's simply how every processor works. You can try to use AGC with less ratio then inf:1, using less range in AGC, bit faster attack then release, but it'll still not be fully what you would expect.
That track tho is not so bad example, there is far worse ones.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:21 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I had AGC drive on at +12 dB + Natural Dynamics + Advanced Clipper and Multiband 1. The beginning gets very loud (which is not when I'm listening on the record). If i had AGC off the jingles wi be louder than the music. Any ways to retain the dynamics / level of the tracks as best as possible?
Using AGC, no. It's simply how every processor works. You can try to use AGC with less ratio then inf:1, using less range in AGC, bit faster attack then release, but it'll still not be fully what you would expect.
That track tho is not so bad example, there is far worse ones.
I reduced the AGC drive to 0 and set attack to 1000, release 3260 ms and it gets better. Tried your suggestions, AGC drive = 0 dB seems to retain more dynamics