All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Bass causes clipping
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 9:09 pm 

I find that when I'm adjusting the bass settings I get the amount of bass I want but it starts to clip a lot (and distort). Is there a hard limiter for bass frequencies? I tried adjusting the clipper bass threshold but then I end up getting very little to no bass.

Post subject: Re: Bass causes clipping
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 12:29 am 

Quote:
I find that when I'm adjusting the bass settings I get the amount of bass I want but it starts to clip a lot (and distort). Is there a hard limiter for bass frequencies? I tried adjusting the clipper bass threshold but then I end up getting very little to no bass.
With proper tuned clipper (bass section) you can put insane amount of bass without major distortions.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 1:44 am 

Quote:
Quote:
With proper tuned clipper (bass section) you can put insane amount of bass without major distortions.
Got any bass effects / advanced bass protection presets? (For insane amount of bass)

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 9:18 pm 

I'm also still learning to use the bass clipper properly.

When the help/documentation section gets updated for the next major version change, would the kind folks at Thimeo be so kind as to offer more visuals of what the effects do to the sound? This is one of the features that I think help convey what's happening to the untrained ear, and thus make your product that much more desirable.

It's not caught on in the twitch/video game streaming community yet, and I think it's because those people seem to be more graphically-minded. Confoundingly not even the DJs or podcasters realize the value of Stereo Tool and would rather spend hundreds on name brand plugins for audio that I still need to adjust on my end. Or worse, not use any processing at all or assume the included stuff with streaming middleware is always satisfactory.