All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2024 3:25 am 

Not much Thimeo documentation on Bass Exciter like there is on True Bass for example. I guess its for generating upper bass harmonics vs Immersive bass that also acts on lower harmonics. I think? So I was wondering how those two would play together? I've liked the results of the bass exciter so its a further mystery (to me) why there is so little about it out there.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2024 3:54 am 

Quote:
Not much Thimeo documentation on Bass Exciter like there is on True Bass for example.
The Exciters (highs and bass) are relatively new. I believe Hans is deprecating Immersive Bass, using Bass Exciter to replace it. You might have success running a few plugins in series so you can move around the modules more easily to see how IB and BE play together.

I happen to love the Bass Exciter as it makes bass guitars crunch crispily, but Immersive Bass always sounded like a slight muffled distortion that just didn't do it for me.

Maybe Hans will chime in with some nuggets of information for search posterity.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2024 4:53 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Not much Thimeo documentation on Bass Exciter like there is on True Bass for example.
The Exciters (highs and bass) are relatively new. I believe Hans is deprecating Immersive Bass, using Bass Exciter to replace it. You might have success running a few plugins in series so you can move around the modules more easily to see how IB and BE play together.

I happen to love the Bass Exciter as it makes bass guitars crunch crispily, but Immersive Bass always sounded like a slight muffled distortion that just didn't do it for me.

Maybe Hans will chime in with some nuggets of information for search posterity.

I found the same nice crunch with bass exciter. As for IB I up the cpu quality to 150% as others have said to do and it removes the muffle so it seems, but not wild about using the extra cpu/heat. Good idea about moving modules around, Thanks for the response!