All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:09 pm 

I got a great preset from Martin. All videos have even volume and great sound quality. I will ask him to post the details here in this thread.

Next up for me is, can I use the presets for my regular audio in any way please or will they only work for YT 'videos'?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:20 pm 

Quote:
I got a great preset from Martin. All videos have even volume and great sound quality. I will ask him to post the details here in this thread.

Next up for me is, can I use the presets for my regular audio in any way please or will they only work for YT 'videos'?
Thanks, sure, this is the latest version of my Uncompressed preset:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=33804 :)
Yes, they can be used with any software set to play through the virtual cable, i've even set Skype to route incoming calls through it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:02 pm 

Yes, works with like online radio too and I can very clearly hear the quality difference when I activate/deactivate ST in Reaper. Only I just tried playing my DJ software again and it's still not coming through ST. I might have to re-route the DJ software's Output, just strange that everything else is playing through ST. I will try to figure this out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:09 pm 

Quote:
Yes, works with like online radio too and I can very clearly hear the quality difference when I activate/deactivate ST in Reaper. Only I just tried playing my DJ software again and it's still not coming through ST. I might have to re-route the DJ software's Output, just strange that everything else is playing through ST. I will try to figure this out.
Did you try setting the output device in Windows volume mixer?
https://imgur.com/sABk788

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:06 pm 

Quote:
Hey guys, how's it going? I am having a predicament with volume fluctuation when running playlists for youtube music videos.

Running a test with some tunes on youtube and especially with these 2 videos below, the first one is profoundly louder but both are louder than most other music videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebxmH5V6A8s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_xwnb3cymc

I have tried using different comp/limiters and also mp3 volume levelling software which works great with mp3's but baffled why it does not work for youtube music videos. So can I ask and trouble anyone here to run those 2 videos through ST and let me know if you are able to get those two at same volume as other videos with average volume any time at your convenience please? Guess I can try the demo myself but I won;t know which settings to use is why I am asking for this help. Thanks guys.
Those are enough old videos that are not normalized, they start to normalize audio few years later. Level is about -13lufs but in my measurements it's more around -12, -11lufs. It's not strict.
So, i tried that first track and some random new track, with my last preset, and all seems to be fine, as i expected. Even better if i match AGC to work almost nothing on newER normalized videos.
So idk do you want full processing or just leveling or some EQing, you only need proper preset and features turned off or on, depending what more or less you want.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:42 pm 

I played a session of videos on Saturday on the DJ Rig with Martin's latest preset, worked well far as I could tell with only issue I had was with YT stopping in 'shuffle' mode. I will try to get help from YT Premium to see what the deal is with that and will experiment again and report back whenever next I should be able to run a long session.