All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:06 am 

I'm creating a preset file for use in Watchat so that I can batch process my library of FLAC music. My goal is simply to improve the quality without coloring the sound too much. Now, I've done my research, and apparently Declipper, ACR Stereo, and True Bass all on default settings is the way to go. So my question is really this, what settings improve the quality of processing, and what are the maximum values that I can manually set within the preset file for each of those settings?

I have already changed a few settings on my own and set them past their GUI limits. For example, with Declipper I've increased "Quality" to 400, "Reduction precision" to 10, also "Maximum expected distortion" to 2.5, and "Allow more dynamics (dynamic)" to 10. I've also changed a few of the CPU and latency settings to custom values and I've seen/heard good consistent results. I'm very confident though that these values I've set are arbitrary and don't yield a proportionate increase in quality compared to the default.

So, does anybody know what the maximum values for each setting are? Is there a way to figure that out on my own?