All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:30 pm 

......Hello, I just recently played with your trial VST of Stereo Tool, but I just realized you also have a stand alone DeClipper VST, and you mentioned there is a difference between these different tools when used as a VST in a DAW (in my case, Adobe Audition) where Stereo Tool down-converts higher sample rates to a default of 48khz, and stand alone Perfect Clipper does not affect sample rates.

I very much want to purchase your package deal with all the other features (including all compressors, noise removal, and stereo enhancements, etc..), the only feature I do not need is anything related to FM Radio Stations.

Do I need to purchase FM Professional package to get all the features I want? Because it looks like the only package which has everything I want including FM Radio Transmission features.

I honestly don't mind paying more $$$ to get everything (including features I might never use, but who knows in the future), I'm just trying to make sure I'm not paying way way more for some options I don't need from the FM Professional package.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:27 am 

I guess then "Basic + DECLIPPER"
http://register.stereotool.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:18 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, no need for the FM stuff so the FM licenses don't make sense. So, Basic+Declipper.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:10 pm 

So just to be clear: by using the stand alone Perfect DeClipper VST (NOT in Stereo Tool), it can process files at 192khz without any down-sampling from occurring?

By purchasing Basic + Declipper, do I receive a single registration key that works in both DeClipper VST and Stereo Tool VST?
Or do I need to pay for 2 separate registration keys between the http://register.stereotool.com/ and the http://register.perfectdeclipper.com/ page?

One of my main concerns is to be able to restore audio at the highest sample rates possible, and after experimenting with the DeClipper VST alone, I am getting much better results at higher sample rates.... takes longer to process, but I do everything for better quality in the end so comes with the territory.
I am so sorry for all the mundane questions, but I absolutely love your products, and I want to make sure I purchase what I want without adding future headaches to anyone else from me paying for the wrong thing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

Yes.

You can use the same license in both programs, so 1 license suffices.

Just to check: do you actually *hear* a difference or do you see it in the spectrum?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:23 am 

Quote:
Yes.

You can use the same license in both programs, so 1 license suffices.

Just to check: do you actually *hear* a difference or do you see it in the spectrum?
Thank you very much for the clarification.

In terms of "hearing" and "seeing" a difference...... when I was just using the Stereo Tool, I wasn't being as critical to check like I usually do, just playing around and went with the numbers I saw. I did have a huge suspicion because when I do processing with 192khz 32bit files, any effect I apply and process (one effect at a time), I always max out the quality options to use the most CPU overhead as possible. Usually when I do this, it can take a file of any given length to be 1x to 3x long to process at high sample rates and effects set for the highest quality.
When I used the Stereo Tool to process a 192khz 32bit file, it did it under 10 seconds, so I knew something was up.

When I tried using the DeClipper VST alone, it took much longer to process (on par to what I'm used to for files of high sample rates/bit depths).
If I max out all the quality controls for the DeClipper (labeled to use more CPU headroom) in every available function, an 8 minute file would be about 24 minutes to process.
The end results are amazing; much more textural and color detail in the sound, instrument separation is more preserved, more wind and air on bass sounds and drums.
Especially if the audio isn't clipped and full of dynamics, it just brings out the colors more vividly, and the sense of dimensions and space become reinforced far greater. Instrument tones sing more clearly, and the specific choices of tones, amps, and recording/mixing techniques are heard as clear as day.

I custom built my PC with very specialized selected parts, and heavily modified the hardware myself (reflecting my standards of quality) to reduce noise and heat thermals, while protecting the hardware from proximity noise and proximity thermals..... efficiency is greatly increased with superior playback and processing quality. My CPU hovers around 20-22 degrees Celsius when idling, and only jumps as high as 25-27 degrees when processing or doing aggressive playback, but falls like a stone back to 20-22 degrees Celsius as soon as it idles again.

I must give you an endless amount of praise and thanks, because your VST's have unlocked potential in my processing computer that I never could have dreamed of. Restoration and quality processing has become so much easier now, guaranteeing higher quality in the end with everything I run through it.
You're cleverly designed some very effective, clean, and efficient algorithms to achieve superior results compared to most of anything else available in stock programs or on the market.

Thank you so much for helping people like us not only fix the Loudness War, but letting us hear music and albums as if we were sitting with the band in the mixing room, hearing the tracks before they get severely clipped for what ever reasons (mastering or not).