All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:43 am 

what would cause ST 6.31 ( i like this version the best for the GUI. ) no i will not change it unless i can get the new version with the 6.31 GUI Theme ..... irrelevent at the moment.

what would cause ST 6.31 to display the audio data almost 1.3-2.5 seconds AHEAD of time, then the audio to actually play from my Creative SB Recon 3d FaT@L!TY edition Sound Card?

Player in use is Winamp 5.666 Final, ST version is freeware 6.31

Hardware:

Asus SABERTOOTH Z77
i7 3770K @ 4.5 GHz ( Temps good )
16GB DDR-3 PC3-12800
2x 650 Ti BOOST SSC Graphics in SLi
Creative Labs - SB Recon-3D FaTAL!TY Edition with Professional Front Panel.

i have a system that could render ST 6.31 and Winamp 5.666 50 times over.

i also have a Logitech USB Device, but i keep it disabled unless i actually use it.

When ever ST goes out of sync, even stopping, restarting Winamp and ST will not fix it. complete reinstall of Winamp and ST 6.31 with temporary file cleaning and registry check does not remove this effect. changing from SB-Recon to USB does not help either.

no buffering settings have been altered from default settings.

I love the effect ST gives my PC when im playing my entire 2K Plus Track playlist, but this randomized "out of sync" issue is driving me coo coo for coco puffs!

Ideas anyone?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

All I can say is that probably the buffer size of Winamp and the display delay (under Configuration -> Plugins) must be set differently. So, change that slider until the sound matches the GUI.

Ok ok... but I have to say this: Version 7.60 contains multiple years of continued development, sounds much better and has a much lower CPU load.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:20 pm 

thank you, i will check this.

its just my personal opinion, nothing about performance ( i have plenty of that available ) i just like the 6.32 GUI better.

i made another topic about that particular portion, in suggestions.

EDIT: where is this particular setting? in ST or winamp? im looking around in the configs for Winamp and i do not see what you are describing

#2 EDIT: Never mind i found it, on ST.