All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:35 pm 

This is probably a dumb question but how do you enter in a new preset name in version 10.21?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:03 am 

I'm guessing you're having trouble filling out the text box on the "Name" line after pressing "Save Current Settings as Preset..."?

My hunch is you're using the VST2 plugin and not the stand-alone. Sadly most VST2 hosts aren't able to take keyboard input with this plugin. So the workaround is to paste data into it via right-clicking or using the Preset Manager in the Web Interface instead. The VST3 plugin shouldn't have this issue.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:59 pm 

Actually I am using the vst3 version. But I am running it in JRIver Media Center v 32.20. What I've been doing is entering the info in a temporary document and copying and pasting.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:47 pm 

Quote:
Actually I am using the vst3 version. But I am running it in JRIver Media Center v 32.20. What I've been doing is entering the info in a temporary document and copying and pasting.
Interesting. I'll report this and see if it's a known issue. And this is the 64-bit version of JRiver? I'll also grab it and see what I can understand.

Does the Winamp DSP work correctly? Unfortunately, I believe it may be limited to 16-bit depth, as a fault of the Winamp DSP standard.

edit: I'm having trouble getting the (64 bit) app to recognize the Winamp DSP of 10.21, despite what I read others doing.
edit2: Ah! The Winamp DSP requires the 32 bit version of JRiver, and it DOES allow keyboard input. Interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:38 pm 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Yes it's the 64 bit version of JRiver.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:37 pm 

Quote:
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Yes it's the 64 bit version of JRiver.
So, after talking to Tom about this, he believes the issue lies in JRiver's VST host itself not passing keyboard information. However the DSP host in JRiver seems to work with the DSP version of Stereo Tool and accepts keyboard input correctly. This requires the 32-bit version of JRiver to be installed, which can be done without uninstalling the 64-bit version.

I hope this is an acceptable solution.
If I owned JRiver, I would post on their forums about this issue. I would also request they support the native plugin (libStereoTool), like some other playback/playout software, in case fixing their VST host is too much trouble.