All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Podcast processing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:29 pm 

Hi there
Currently I am under the preparation to release in near future free podcast page. I am not an engineer, learning myself basing on different forums. To record I use RODE NT and audacity.
Some time ago I saw the possibilities of StereoTool , even tested the output of my 30 minutes recordings using VST2 plugin. Then I tested different presets from this forum - great job my friends btw, but after some tests that plugin doesn't work, I mean input=output. Later on plugin file override did not help. What is my fault or is there any restriction to test VST so often ?

This is my first question, the second one is related to the price of VST, if it is non profit target, any possibility to get one license on two PCs free of charge? The Author on his webside says that VST is used by professionals so must be paid. But it could be used by NGOs too. BTW, it is just a question to Hans, I suppose. If its statement is not changeable I will buy the license soon.

Additional question to Hans, did you work for Philips before ? I saw your face on YT, and I think we have met in Eindhoven or Brugge long time ago ;)

Post subject: Re: Podcast processing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:04 pm 

Quote:
To record I use RODE NT and audacity.
Some time ago I saw the possibilities of StereoTool , even tested the output of my 30 minutes recordings using VST2 plugin. Then I tested different presets from this forum - great job my friends btw, but after some tests that plugin doesn't work, I mean input=output. Later on plugin file override did not help. What is my fault or is there any restriction to test VST so often ?

This is my first question, the second one is related to the price of VST, if it is non profit target, any possibility to get one license on two PCs free of charge? The Author on his webside says that VST is used by professionals so must be paid. But it could be used by NGOs too.
Which version of the plugin? This could be a bug in the plugin or host (Audacity). Does it work correctly in another host (Reaper or OcenAudio for example)? The VST Plugins do require a basic license or better to work without audio interruptions. But unlicensed, they should still function fully.

The base price of 35 euros for a Basic license is very much worth the investment for the VST functionality and the Advanced Clipper alone. When you add in the rest of the package, it's really a good value. You won't need the FM functionality of the non-basic license for podcast processing.

edit: There is a file-based Stereo Tool processor called WatchCat that should work freely, as long as your preset doesn't use paid features. https://www.thimeo.com/watchcat/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:07 pm 
Site Admin

Hello pimos,

Non-profit is not the same as NGO... If you have a good reason we can give you your license for free, but just being non-profit (which can be anything) isn't enough for that. Please PM me.

I did work at Philips Healthcare in Best, and before that at ASML in Veldhoven. At Philips, I worked on image processing for X-ray and later on MRI scanners. I don't know who you are (checking your email address didn't reveal much) so I have no idea if we could have met.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:13 am 

Quote:
Which version of the plugin?
According to instructions, I placed the VST2 (64) file into the plugins folder, turn it on and it works. All I need is to proceed the podcast file with presets I test from this forum. That's it.
I have tested many presets just to have nice output file 256 kbps to be uploaded soon. Very great presets are available in this forum, making my sound much better to hear.
Thanks for your advice, I will check this "cat" out.