All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:08 am 

I'm nowhere near our radio station's studio else I'd just go in and correct the problem. It appears that someone changed out a balanced interconnect between the broadcast studio and the input to Stereo Tool and one channel is out of phase (has swapped polarity) compared to the other. So when listener's radios are in mono, like how a car stereo will frequently switch to to avoid high stereo noise, they are hearing the sum of Left plus Right (reversed) so anything in the "middle" is cancelled out. I have poked through all the setting in Stereo Tool and was hoping to find a way to flip the polarity of one channel . . . but no luck. Is there a way? Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:26 pm 

Hi! After learning a little more about how these forums are viewed, I think you'll be best off DMing HvZ himself and posting the answer here. If it doesn't already exist, that sure sounds like something that would make a good feature. So yeah, drop him a line and I'm sure he'll add it if it's not already there.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:35 pm 

Thank you, MrKlorox. I hesitate to post questions to Hans without first asking here, but agreed: the forums don't seem to be very in-depth technically.

I have emailed HvZ