All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: I/O
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:18 pm 

Can anyone tell me, is it possible to change input 2 to a music rather than a mic input?
Thanks

Post subject: Re: I/O
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:43 am 

Input2 is whatever you want depending on your soundcard.
For example i use it as a backup for input1. Input2 is VAC and Winamp player.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:32 pm 

I have 2 sound cards in my PC running PlayoutOne Standard.
I can only see Input 2 linking to input 1 or for the mic input, but nothing to let me link it to my second sound card in order to use it with another fader, I did download Virtual Cable A B C & D thinking that would cure it, but Stereo Tool input 2 is, as I mentioned, not letting me do that.

Quote:
Input2 is whatever you want depending on your soundcard.
For example i use it as a backup for input1. Input2 is VAC and Winamp player.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:39 pm 

Quote:
I can only see Input 2 linking to input 1 or for the mic input, but nothing to let me link it to my second sound card in order to use it with another fader, I did download Virtual Cable A B C & D thinking that would cure it, but Stereo Tool input 2 is, as I mentioned, not letting me do that.
I'm still not really clear here. What are you using for your "Input #2 Usage"? What exactly are you trying to do?

I/O > Soundcards > Input #2 > Input #2 Usage > Use for: Combine with input1 (add) should do what you're asking if I understand correctly... and I don't know that I do.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:13 am 

You must explain exactly what you want to achive with this 2 inputs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:15 pm 

I am trying to put another input on input #2, but it is only giving me a link to join up input 1 or a mic input.
I want to put my 2nd sound card to use as a second input.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:17 pm 

I want to connect another main input form my 2nd sound card, but I have no option to do that
Quote:
Quote:
I'm still not really clear here. What are you using for your "Input #2 Usage"? What exactly are you trying to do?

I/O > Soundcards > Input #2 > Input #2 Usage > Use for: Combine with input1 (add) should do what you're asking if I understand correctly... and I don't know that I do.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:10 pm 

Are you trying to process it independently? If so, you're better off opening a second instance of Stereo Tool to process the other input and output.
Otherwise, most of the other options are already there: Combine, Backup if silent, and separate the input to the BIMP. Input URL stream is missing for now.

Are you trying to take two inputs and send them to one output? Combine

Are you trying to take two inputs with different audio streams and send them to two outputs and have each device playback independently? Copy the executable and Open it as another instance.

Are you trying to take two inputs with different audio streams and send them to two outputs and have both devices play the same audio? Combine and use the FM Output as your secondary out.

If none of these, please elaborate with as much detail as possible.