All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:48 pm 

let us know jack if you get 20% too :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:19 pm 

I sure will. This is a little ways down the road. I have ST running on an HP laptop with a Core i7 processor, and it seems to be quite stable. I've set up a preset that I like the sound of and am running the Normal output into a PreSonus USB audio interface. Input is coming in through the same interface, from the broadcast console. For trialing purposes I also have B.U.T.T. running on the same laptop and it is sending an Icecast stream to a little Raspberry Pi Icecast server on the same LAN, and I can connect and listen remotely to this stream and compare it to the station's normal Listen Live Icecast stream. Switching back and forth I get a sense of how much better ST is at giving the station's audio more punch as compared to the normal processing which is a rather creaky old Inovonics 216 AGC/compressor/peak limiter. The point of all this is to see whether I can save the station a few bucks over purchasing an Orban Optimod. We're not out to win any loudness wars, just want to compare favorably to the other stations on the dial. Using the low latency output, upgrading to drive the transmitter directly . . . those things are in the future. First I need to feel that this setup is stable for 24/7 operation. Of course, because this community radio station covers just about every music genre and has talk shows, getting ST's darn Scheduler to work would be nice for switching presets according to format. I can't make heads nor tails of the documentation for that feature. Hoping Hans can advise.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:44 am 

running smoothly on Ubuntu 20.04 with azurecast/Liquidsoap and ST x86 Linux command line

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:07 am 

Nice!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:04 am 

I also found this https://www.analog.com/en/analog-dialog ... art-1.html when searching for C_DSP licenses its a very nice site with lots of information although its to technical for me at present.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:02 pm 

Running 24/7 over here without issue on Linux - that's the entire audio chain.

Raspberry Pi 4 for file storage, audio transport, audio processing, encoding, streaming.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:12 pm 

That's good to hear -- thank you!