All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:55 am 

Hi, I am evaluating ST for our community radio station, a station with an eclectic mix of Americana, Jazz, Rock, Pop, Country, and Classical music genres as well as talk shows. The Scheduler part of ST looks ideal for loading different Presets according to the different shows, but I can't get it to do anything. I have enabled "Poll STS Files" and I have provided the path to the .sts files. Over in the Time Schedule I have entered (for example) Time: "Sun 16:45" and File: <an existing .sts Preset in the file path>. When 16:45 occurs, nothing happens.

How do I get the Scheduler to load presets at my desired times?

Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:22 pm 

Is it an access issue? Pardon me if this is a weak suggestion, but have you tried tunning ST in Administrator mode? Perhaps try moving the location of the file it's polling to another folder? I don't have explicit experience in polling STS files or the Scheduler, but I have had funkiness with being able to access network or protected files in other software.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:06 pm 

It's not an access issue, the location of the .sts files is in a folder on the local drive on my Desktop. Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:00 pm 

So I am getting the feeling that either no one uses the Scheduler, or those who are using it are not here on the forum? I can't make heads nor tails of the sparse documentation for that function.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:24 pm 

I wonder if its to tune your settings by loading in .sts files for different music types . I haven't had much luck with .sts files saves in DSP it seems to always come up with something about depreciated settings when you load it .

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:36 pm 

Unless I don't understand what Scheduler is for, it seems to me that its purpose is to load different presets at different times of the day. At 10:00 load this preset, at 11:00 load that preset. The Scheduler page seems laid out to do just that, but nothing happens when I put in entries as suggested in the example on that page. There is this mysterious "poll" file, no real description of why it is there, or what to put in it. The developer could help a little bit here. Our community radio station is interesting in purchasing ST but we need to be able to change presets on a schedule.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:54 pm 

It's possible it's broken in this version. I'm attempting to summon the dev by quote block. They're currently busy with IBC today, but perhaps you'll get a response soon. If this doesn't work, you can try to DM HvZ directly. He's usually pretty good about responding once he sees the issue.
Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:04 pm 

Thank you for the assistance!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:37 am 

I think if you haven't heard back by now, it's time to post in the beta thread and ask if it's broken, or perhaps DM Hans (HVZ) himself.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:08 am 

Thank you. I heard rumor that Hans might be busy at a big trade show, so I'll start with the Beta forum.