All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:36 pm 

Hi, at our community radio station we are upgrading our air chain with new STLs and other fun things. The budget has room for an Orban Optimod but Stereotool has caught my -- and the station manager's -- eye (and ear). I'm working up the design for the signal path and would like to know whether Stereotool is capable of processing more than one output, with different presets, like Preset 1 is used for the Normal output sound card to drive the FM transmitters, while Preset 2 is used to send audio to the live stream, and possibly a third, only lightly-processed output for our archive recorder.

Or, if one Stereotool can't manage all that, is it possible to run more than one instance of Stereotool on the same PC, each driving its own outputs with different Presets? Here I would be talking about the standalone Linux version.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:53 am 

I believe to have more than one processing chain/preset, you need to run more than one instance. This is possible in Windows, so I'd imagine it would be doable in Linux.

There is an Enterprise version in beta that is for multiple differently processed audio streams in one instance as well. It requires a separate license from the standard ST license, however. So I'd DM HvZ if you were looking to purchase one while it's in beta. Check the current beta thread here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=32702

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:51 am 

Thank you! It doesn't look like there is a lot of Linux activity here, but I have courage and will proceed. Beta versions . . . the radio station does need to have a working air chain 24/7 and it would be my responsibility to fix a problem that might occur at 2 in the morning! I will reach out to HvZ and see what he thinks.

That said, it is accurate to say that ST -- in its present form -- can drive more than one output, for example Normal (soundcard) and Stream (Icecast), processing them both with the one Preset?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:47 am 

Quote:
That said, it is accurate to say that ST -- in its present form -- can drive more than one output, for example Normal (soundcard) and Stream (Icecast), processing them both with the one Preset?
Yes. You can use the Normal out for a web/HD stream (Soundcard), the FM out for FM-specific processing, and the Streaming output (Icecast) all at the same time for a single processing preset chain.

Not only that, but you can have up to two inputs, in case you need a backup in case input1 goes silent. Or to get console audio into my PC alongside regular PC sounds, and process it for volume, as in my case.