All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Dante VIA
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 1:22 am 

I know a lot of you are using Dante for ST inputs, however are any of you using Dante for the ST outputs, specifically the Normal out using Dante virtual sound cards or Dante VIA to send the audio to another PC for web stream encoding, if so, how have you got it set up?

Currently I've got the FM output going to the transmitter & the Normal output going to the stream encoder (not the built in one, I'm using AAC) on the same PC via virtual audio cables, but I want to send the ST Normal out audio to another PC. I'll be moving the web stream encoder to the other PC, but also want to be able to use the ST Normal out audio on the other PC for other things too.

ST & FM output will stay on one PC, Normal output to another PC, which will use that audio for web stream encoder & other things, e.g logging & monitoring.

Just wondering how nicely ST will play with Dante VIA & will it see/connect to the ST Normal output without needing another virtual audio card connected with virtual audio cables?

Post subject: Re: Dante VIA
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 2:50 pm 

Quote:
I know a lot of you are using Dante for ST inputs, however are any of you using Dante for the ST outputs, specifically the Normal out using Dante virtual sound cards or Dante VIA to send the audio to another PC for web stream encoding, if so, how have you got it set up?

Currently I've got the FM output going to the transmitter & the Normal output going to the stream encoder (not the built in one, I'm using AAC) on the same PC via virtual audio cables, but I want to send the ST Normal out audio to another PC. I'll be moving the web stream encoder to the other PC, but also want to be able to use the ST Normal out audio on the other PC for other things too.

ST & FM output will stay on one PC, Normal output to another PC, which will use that audio for web stream encoder & other things, e.g logging & monitoring.

Just wondering how nicely ST will play with Dante VIA & will it see/connect to the ST Normal output without needing another virtual audio card connected with virtual audio cables?

I was wondering the same thing. I see that dante virtual audio card is only for input? Maybe you need a Dante sound card. Who knows

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 3:23 pm 

Once i wanted to involve Dante in our systems, atleast in part of system, and i quickly ended up with voicemeeter. Not only that is free but very flexible and simple in the same time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:44 am 

Thanks guys,

I was trying to keep it cheap & simple, but looking deeper, I think we might be able to use our Wheatstone, Wheatnet Network to do this, I'm still trying to figure it out though.

Looking into Dante & the Dante controller, it looks very similar, or the same as how the Wheatnet Network Navigator works.
Using Wheatnet is going to be more expensive, but we've already got it in place & can expand on what & how we use that Normal out processed audio through the Wheatnet Network.

Would be nice if Hans could add Wheatnet support into ST, but I guess working with Telos they're a competitor to Axia.

I know using Wheatnet is not an option for most & well out of the price range also for most, but if I can get it figured out, I might be able to suggest a way others can do it with Dante?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:04 pm 

Well,
DVS can go both ways.
for StereoTool you just need a 2x2 Configuration.
I'm actually running this exact config on my processing PC at home for my Dante enabled Deskmixer.
I for my part thought: Well if you need DVS for out then you can get in with it as well and save the hassle for tinkering arount with AES67 setups.