All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:37 am 

When I use WinAmp or MediaMonkey with ST to play Videos, the audio is delayed by what seems like up to 350 milliseconds. Is there a way to delay the video to sync with the audio?

I know that VLC Media player has a built in feature to adjust the Video in 1ms increments up to (I believe) a second, but VLC does not support Stereo Tool, and that's unfortunate.

A software means of delaying the video would be ideal. Maybe another AV player program that supports ST and can delay the video?

Thanks!
TechnoMonster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:21 am 

I believe you can use OBS Studio to do this by loading up Stereo Tool as a filter for your audio source and Render Delay as a filter for the video source. There are many guides out there on how to use OBS and set up video/audio sources and how you would view the projection in fullscreen or window.

https://obsproject.com/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:27 pm 

You can quite easily delay the video in VLC and set it to any number you want using the combo box at runtime, so it immediately takes effect.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:14 pm 

Quote:
You can quite easily delay the video in VLC and set it to any number you want using the combo box at runtime, so it immediately takes effect.
The question was for alternatives to VLC.

You can use the 32 bit version of "MPC-HC BE" in conjunction with the audio version of "FFDShow" and the Winamp DSP version of Stereo Tool. I just played around with this to see if it worked, and I was able to make it work on movies and music. And I didn't notice any delay creeping in, so it might already compensate for that stuff as well. Regardless there's a timing offset in the MPC-HC-BE playback software if further adjustment is necessary.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:27 am 

Why don't you use the standalone version of ST and feed audio via virtual cables? Then VLC is back in the race again :-)