All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:10 pm 

Greetings -
Is there a way to keep using StereoTool to monitor only the INPUT levels, waveform, declipper, spectrum and other displays / scopes while in BYPASS mode? If not, it would be very useful enhancement to have this monitor capability for unprocessed signals.

Also, it would be nice to be able to freeze, snapshot or record monitors so as to advance frame-by-frame (for example, to find and show snapshots of clipping to audio engineers). I suppose one could invest in a video recorder product to do this, but having this integrated into the GUI would be awesome.

Regards,
mikebo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:10 pm 

I like the idea of being able to see the meters while bypassed. Especially now that the buffer stays active (at least in the VST) while bypassed. If not for this version, please consider this a wish for the new GUI, Hans!
One other thing that would be handy is a phosphor persistence slider, so we can see the red clipped edges for more or less time, Including the ability to "zoom out" further than the "draw scopes at half height" setting.

Perhaps this should be moved to the Wish List subforum?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:54 pm 

perhaps a button near each drawing display item to "open in a separate window", for input, output and both.
the window can then be sized or maximized on your display screen.
i would find this very useful with calibrations to be able to see these drawing displays on the entire screen rather than a small section of it within Stereo Tool.
this is probably asking for too much at this point anyway.