All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:12 pm 

Thanks for sharing. Well yes, that is what I am seeking a frequency leveler but my question would be why use ST if the Aphex unit is doing the job nicely?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:18 pm 

Also, is there a bypass button somewhere in ST, which simply passes the input through to the output and therefore allows you to do a "Processing in/Processing out" comparison?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:19 pm 

Quote:
Also, is there a bypass button somewhere in ST, which simply passes the input through to the output and therefore allows you to do a "Processing in/Processing out" comparison?
The Bypass button is at the top next to Help.
Quote:
Thanks for sharing. Well yes, that is what I am seeking a frequency leveler but my question would be why use ST if the Aphex unit is doing the job nicely?
ST offers a lot of things other than leveling frequencies. My favorites are the Declipper, Auto-EQ/Dynamic Speeds, and True Bass. The Noise gate is also very nice on my microphone.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:00 pm 

Gosh, can't believe I didn't notice that Tab [sorry]. I see now the difference between the Presets and without, thanks.

Is there an option to run ST without any Presets or without Streaming, AM or FM options so I can use only the Multiband and related features please? I guess I am asking about running with only the 2 Multibands and the AGC.

I will try the Auto-Eq and True Bass.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:39 pm 

Quote:
Is there an option to run ST without any Presets or without Streaming, AM or FM options so I can use only the Multiband and related features please? I guess I am asking about running with only the 2 Multibands and the AGC.
Yes. Try resetting All Audio Settings by using the reset button at the top. Then go back to the primary Processing tab, and enable just MB1, MB2, and AGC. This will reset all settings to default, disable all other settings, and allow you to enable everything individually. You probably need to increase the AGC drive under the Levels section to hear it affect anything.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:54 pm 

I am seeing 3 settings under RESET:

all audio settings
all audio and fm settings
all settings [factory preset]

Which one please?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:46 am 

Quote:
all audio settings
This one.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:46 pm 

I have Reset and chosen MUltibands 1 and 2 and seem them working. However, I have chosen AGC but not seeing any moment in it's module while tune is playing, is this normal?

Also, I am not seeing the True Bass option highlighting in orange color when I click in it's circle, maybe it works when using Presets?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:19 am 

Some features require a minimum buffer size. Try increasing that to at least 512 for True Bass to work.
Quote:
Click the NO at the bottom of the window, above the processing meters. This shortcut will take you to the Normal Output page where you can decrease the buffer duration.

Or you can click the number in the bottom left, above the processing meters, for a shortcut to the CPU/Buffer block size page. Here you can also lower the Latency, but it decreases the audio processing quality.
Did you ever try the first suggestion?

Last edited by MrKlorox on Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:21 am 

edit: accidental double post

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next