All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:30 pm 

Before I go further let me clarify my purpose for this please.

So I want the "volume" level of all audio tracks to be constant, this I was getting from OTSAV with their compressor/limiter and AGC. For any other applications like Spotify, youtube e.t.c audio I can get the Audio Enhancer from Breakaway, it's cheap at only $36.

The main reason I am seeking a Multiband processor is only for Otsav tracks, to keep all frequencies bass, mids and highs levels constant.

So I don't need to add any coloring to the sound I would prefer the audio to be untouched if possible. If that should not be possible then ok choosing a preset which will add color to enhance the audio even more would be ok.

Having stated the above, what would you recommend for the OTSAV tracks please?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:39 pm 

Quote:
So I want the "volume" level of all audio tracks to be constant, this I was getting from OTSAV with their compressor/limiter and AGC. For any other applications like Spotify, youtube e.t.c audio I can get the Audio Enhancer from Breakaway, it's cheap at only $36.

The main reason I am seeking a Multiband processor is only for Otsav tracks, to keep all frequencies bass, mids and highs levels constant.

So I don't need to add any coloring to the sound I would prefer the audio to be untouched if possible. If that should not be possible then ok choosing a preset which will add color to enhance the audio even more would be ok.
That's also a perfectly good option. Both Breakaway Audio Enhancer and Stereo Tool have multiband compressors that color and change the signature of the sound. I used BAE for years before finding ST. I'm really not experienced enough in multibands to know if it's possible to be truly transparent. I was under the impression that coloring is just inherent to how the multiband works. I'm still learning, and very slowly.

I believe you should find a preset that works best for the music you're listening to in OTS first, with unlicensed features disabled. Then tweak it with the Equalizer and save it as a custom preset. Whereas for video/tv/movies, you might want a different preset. Even if using Breakaway Audio Enhancer, you'll likely want to choose a different preset for different uses.

I personally just use BreakawayOne while playing games or other visual media, and Stereo Tool as a plugin within BreakawayOne while listening to audio only media. This is because of BreakawayOne's capability to output to multiple devices, and because Stereo Tool sounds best with a large buffer (which causes enough audio delay at 4096 to impact my ability to enjoy videos).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:54 pm 

Thanks. Meantime until Saturday when I will be able to try out the presets on my main rig let me look into another issues please if it might be possible so I can create another thread for it.

I have always been looking into using VST effects over OTSAV but haven't been able to. Is there any way I might be able to do it via ST? I know it's possible with Winamp plugin which is why I never understood since OTS can work together with Winamp then why not with a Winamp fx plugin?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:41 pm 

Quote:
I have always been looking into using VST effects over OTSAV but haven't been able to. Is there any way I might be able to do it via ST?
Stereo Tool does not yet contain a VST host. However there is a wishlist topic for such a thing here:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=28552

I really don't know anything about OTSAV. Sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:47 pm 

No worries.

Just one last question on the presets please. No matter which preset is used, the Multiband feature I am seeking to normalize all frequencies volume levels, this will remain active so nothing else for me to do, is this correct?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:02 pm 

Quote:
No worries.

Just one last question on the presets please. No matter which preset is used, the Multiband feature I am seeking to normalize all frequencies volume levels, this will remain active so nothing else for me to do, is this correct?
You can on or off every processing parts in Stereotool as you wish, if you only need the Multibands then off the others processing feats
But maybe you want to try the Auto EQ feat. too...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:19 pm 

I think I am seeing why the different presets do different things. Different ones activate or make use of some of the different options.

About the only thing I can see right now which is out of whack is there is some latency between when I click on any of the OTSAV controls. Maybe like a split second when I click on like the STOP button and when it actually stops.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:25 pm 

Quote:
About the only thing I can see right now which is out of whack is there is some latency between when I click on any of the OTSAV controls. Maybe like a split second when I click on like the STOP button and when it actually stops.
Click the NO at the bottom of the window, above the processing meters. This shortcut will take you to the Normal Output page where you can decrease the buffer duration.

Or you can click the number in the bottom left, above the processing meters, for a shortcut to the CPU/Buffer block size page. Here you can also lower the Latency, but it decreases the audio processing quality.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:54 pm 

I tried even the lowest at 128 samples and not noticing any major difference. No worries, my only concern with this is how long the crossfading time will be in OTS when I skip to next track which I will know on Saturday.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:45 am 

I think the device your looking for is a leveller. I have a Aphex Compellor in front of Stereotool instead of the built-in AGC and it's keeping all frequencies at roughly the same level. In my opinion the Compellor does little to nothing in coloring the sound.

I have not read all the comments so this may be already suggested.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next