All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:23 pm 

Quote:
Well OTS is playing fine. I just need to look into using ST now for my purpose. Will do so in a few but first, does the ST interface need to be open when playing OTS?

Also will ST automatically work for any audio source [spotify, youtube, internet radio e.t.c] or would I need to configure each of those apps through ST please?
So the Stand Alone version is supposed to work for everything on your system [spotify, youtube, internet radio e.t.c]. The Winamp DSP plugin will only work for the media player which is running it.

The application for the Stand Alone version needs to be running to process audio, but the interface can be minimized. However, while I was playing around with OTS and the Winamp plugin (not Stand Alone) I noticed OTS would not allow the ST interface and the OTS interface to be on screen at the same time.

If you're running the Stand Alone version, and are not streaming out through OTS, you don't also need to be using the Winamp DSP plugin. That would just cause extra CPU usage and could potentially degrade sound quality as a result.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So let's basically start over. First, you need a device for Windows to send audio to, so Stereo Tool can take it and process it. For this you need a virtual audio pipeline. Download the Breakaway Pipeline tool and install it.
  • Launch Stereo Tool Stand Alone. Use the menu on the left to select I/O> ASIO. Then in the main interface under the ASIO section, make sure ASIO is disabled.
  • Use the menu on the left to select I/O> Input. Then in the main interface under the Input section, select "Line 1 (Breakaway Pipeline 1)" from the drop down menu beside Input Device ID.
  • Use the menu on the left to select I/O> Normal Output. Then in the main interface under the Normal section, make sure Normal Output is enabled then select whatever your headphone device is from the drop down menu beside Input Device ID.
  • Below that you will see your "Buffer size / Diversity Delay" slider. You'll eventually probably want to lower this to make the audio more synchronized to videos.
  • Within Windows, all you should need to do is select "Line 1 (Breakaway Pipeline)" from your Sound Settings panel under Output. At least that is what I think the device is called by default. I renamed mine.
And that should be all you need to do to get Stereo Tool processing all your Windows' audio. No FM settings necessary.

And for OTS, you would just need to set your output to the default windows sound mapper or to Breakaway Pipeline 1.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:22 pm 

Just when I thought it was done now more tech stuff :)

Ok will try in a little while.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:00 pm 

Problem. After installiing Breakaway Pipeline. When ST is open now it is showing

https://i.postimg.cc/mD455RNy/error.png

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:34 pm 

Quote:
Problem. After installiing Breakaway Pipeline. When ST is open now it is showing
Odd. I know the Breakaway pipelines support 44.1khz. Is this after you followed the rest of my instructions, such as setting the I/O> Sound cards> Input> then under Input> Input Device ID> choose "Line 1 (Breakaway Pipeline) (Kernal Streaming)" from the drop down menu. Not WASAPI or MME. It might be that last part that I left out.

If you did, Try Selecting I/O> Sound cards> Sample rate> then under General> Sample rate> choose "48 kHz" from the drop down menu.

Otherwise I would suggest rebooting and then seeing if Stereo Tool finally has the Line 1 (Breakaway Pipeline) (Kernal Streaming). Not WASAPI or MME.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:04 pm 

It's playing but there is an echo.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:22 pm 

Quote:
It's playing but there is an echo.
Make sure FM Output is also disabled. You only need Normal Output to work.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:28 pm 

I restarted and playing normal.Thanks.

I see I need to open ST before OTS will play, no issue with that, I notice that whenever I minimize ST it doesn't show anymore in the system tray?

So what's next please, now to experiment selecting presets and whatever else to see if if the Multiband will work?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:35 am 

Quote:
I see I need to open ST before OTS will play, no issue with that, I notice that whenever I minimize ST it doesn't show anymore in the system tray?

So what's next please, now to experiment selecting presets and whatever else to see if if the Multiband will work?
Nice! Yes Stereo Tool is required to be running to allow Breakaway Pipeline 1 to push audio to your headphone device.

Okay, so to get the tray icon back, you need to right click the tray, then taskbar settings. Scroll down in the Tarkbar settings window to the Notification area section, and "Select which icons appear on the taskbar." You should find Stereo Tool in this list. Turn it to "on" to keep it visible in the system tray when minimized.

Yes. What's next seems to be experimentation with audio presets. To load a preset, click the dropdown menu between Save, and About at the top. You'll likely want to start with the Generic Presets (soft). To disable unlicensed features which get turned on when loading presets, first click the warning text above the meters. This takes you to Configuration> License. Click the button at the bottom of the license list that says "Turn all unlicensed features off" to stop the audio interruptions. (This will change the way it sounds, and it won't sound as the preset author intended, but it might be right for your purposes.)

There are also some great presets being shared in this section of the forum here: viewforum.php?f=10

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:55 pm 

Thanks.

There are many presets showing as "soft", I am guessing I would have to listen to each one, one at a time.

I had thought this would simply be a matter of activating the Multiband feature to keep all frequencies constant without changing the sound or quality of the audio but what I am understanding now is each preset will change the way the audio sounds, is this right?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:17 pm 

Quote:
I had thought this would simply be a matter of activating the Multiband feature to keep all frequencies constant without changing the sound or quality of the audio but what I am understanding now is each preset will change the way the audio sounds, is this right?
Yes. Multibands inherently color the sound to keep all frequency bands the same audio level. You can also just reset the audio settings and enable the multibands to their default settings. But presets tend to sound more comprehensive.

For a less changed sound signature, you can try playing with the Singleband and the AGC. However these are mostly effective for leveling the overall volume. If this was what you wanted, and I misunderstood the question, then ignore the multiband settings.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next