All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:36 pm 

Quote:
Configure ST's input to be wherever Ots is sending its output, then set ST's output to where you want it, which must obviously be different from the input.

From your screenshot, you don't seem to have enough independant audio connections so you'll probably need to add another sound card or at least another driver such as a virtual audio cable.

If you use a virtual cable, point Ots at its input, and ST's input to the cable's output. Then you can point ST's output to your speakers.
Okay, here it might get a little tricky. Normally I run Stereo Tool as a VST plugin or as a microphone processor. Sadly it doesn't appear that OTS is capable of audio plugins at the moment(?) But I've only tinkered with the trial. (EDIT: However I see a Winamp folder and a Plugins subfolder in the installation directory)

I'm not experienced with most virtual audio cables, such as VAC. However I think the Breakaway Pipeline tool should do the job, since it works for me when I need to route audio to or from other applications. I can't remember how exactly the initial setup goes, and I'm unable to upload screenshots in this subforum.

If I'm not mistaken, it should install 1 or 2 pipelines (aka cables or virtual audio devices). You then can open Stereo Tool and select the Input Device ID as "Line 1 (Breakaway Pipeline 1)". I'm not certain which interface method is best, but I use Kernal Streaming.

Then for your output, you would probably want to choose Normal Output and select your listening device, or what ever your streaming application is looking for. Then you can adjust your "Buffer size / Diversity Delay" to something more comfortable if you need lower latency. I believe the default is one second.

Good Luck!

EDIT2: After more tinkering, it appears to accept the 32 bit Winamp DSP plugin as a Shoutcast plugin. Sadly it doesn't appear to affect the output audio (???). So this would be handy if you wanted to apply Stereo Tool to your streaming output, I take it. So yeah, try the pipeline method.

Last edited by MrKlorox on Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:07 pm 

I got some more instructions:

Alternatively you could try the Winamp/DSP plugin version.
Install it to Ots/Winamp folder.

In OtsAV select Options>Additional Output Options>Shoutcast>Set Plugin and select dsp_stereo_tool.dll

In OtsAV output configuration disable the on-air output to free up the connection, then SPAWN Shoutcast to bring up the ST plugin.

I am trying to make sense from having to go in between both support options [yours and OTS] so please bear with me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:33 pm 

Immediate problem is I am seeing different winamp dsp plugins on the net, might you be able to link me to the correct one for this purpose please?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:59 pm 

Here: https://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp ... taller.exe

Yes, those are basically the steps I followed to bring up Stereo Tool within OTS as a plugin. However I didn't get the final configuration correct so I could hear it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:38 pm 

Thanks! So far so good with the guy's instructions but now after Spawning Shoutcast this opens the ST interface, now what?

Under Configuration I am thinking either FM Sound Card or Streaming Output options should lead to the Windows Headphone OUT but not noticing any option for this?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:01 pm 

It should "just work" when used as a plugin. You shouldn't need to assign outputs in Stereo Tool unless you were streaming out or running an AM/FM broadcast. You might need to ask the other person who is helping to clarify whether the ST DSP is being used to output audio only through the OTS Shoutcast interface, or if it should be affecting what you hear as well. We can see whether ST is processing a signal, and it is, so I don't believe the issue is within the plugin's domain.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:48 pm 

playing a tune now in OTS, looks to me like it's working. Please see attached screenshot, is this what is supposed to happen please?

https://i.postimg.cc/2883zNTH/Screenshot-2.png

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:21 pm 

I am being told this:

Yes it looks like it is working so now you can try playing with all the settings to try to get the sound you like.
There are loads of presets you could try to get you started, but be aware many of these are aimed a radio stations and may include options like pre-emphasis which you definitely don't want so will need de-selecting.

If you cannot hear anything, check the FM sound card is pointing to your speakers not MS Sound Mapper. That's why we disabled the on-air output to leave them available. Also you may need to turn on the AM or FM Transmitter.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:38 pm 

edit: oh I posted late
Quote:
If you cannot hear anything, check the FM sound card is pointing to your speakers not MS Sound Mapper. That's why we disabled the on-air output to leave them available.
This should do it, I think. If not we need to try the pipeline solution.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:04 pm 

Well OTS is playing fine. I just need to look into using ST now for my purpose. Will do so in a few but first, does the ST interface need to be open when playing OTS?

Also will ST automatically work for any audio source [spotify, youtube, internet radio e.t.c] or would I need to configure each of those apps through ST please?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next