All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Student License
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:28 pm 

Hey,

I am a student from Germany and I love Stereo Tool! With the time I have perfected my preset more and more and am very happy. Now I've seen many features that require a license (Declipper and AutoDJ are of special interest to me) and I've seen that you can easily get away with 300 Euros. Since I can't afford it just like that, since I don't have a job yet, I wanted to ask if you sponsor or support students with licenses, since I would like to use Stereo Tool for some projects.

Best regards :D

Post subject: Re: Student License
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:39 am 

Hello! I had the same reaction at first before I knew about what other professional products use the Declipper module, and how much of an incredible deal it is at its price. Luckily I was able to get it for a birthday present after I had saved up.

Currently I'm saving up for Advanced Dynamics (AutoEQ) as well. It seems to be the paid module that has the most impact on the sound, while at the same time sounding pretty transparent. If the Declipper was worth it with its subtlety, the Advanced Dynamics module sure seems worth it as well based on how much more audible the effect can be.

My ears aren't trained well enough yet to make use of the Delossifier.

But my point is that these modules are already at a heavily discounted price for what they do. And since they are modular, you can buy one piece at a time as you accumulate funds.

[I also realize value vs cost is relative to one's disposable income. I am sympathetic to the plight of the broke soul, being one myself.]