All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:33 pm 

I am writing in this subforum and not "Getting the best sound" because I think Hans can answer this question the best.

I have music with some very dirty clipping. It is tilted and "noisy" at the edges, meaning there are single samples a good bit above the rest of the clipped section. The distance can be very significant, influencing the veil and preventing the clipped samples from being recognized as clipped. Here is a screenshot:
https://gyazo.com/bfdf6ebf3bc99d28f9d026ec1603f75f

I could of course increase "Clipped if distance to veil is below" to around 2.5 dB, but then lots of good samples will also be marked as clipped and the result is very bad. Is there a different setting that helps ignore such peak for the veil calculation. If not, could it be implemented in the future? Ignoring samples like this would be quite beneficial in declipping audio like this, allowing tighter settings with less false positives while also getting less false negatives.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:17 pm 

I found a decent solution for offline processing: Low pass before declipping, then undo the low pass with EQ afterwards.