All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:15 pm 

Hi Folks,

I am using the StereoTool standalone on my PC and currently have my headphones plugged in

The current setup for testing purposes are:

1. Windows Plays its audio to VB Cable Input
2. Stereo Tool I/O > Input is set to VB Cable Output
3. Stereo Tool I/O > Normal Output is set to Headphones Realtek HD Audio (My Soundcard)

When I play audio I can hear the audio via StereoTool, there is about 1 second delay so I know its going via the tool, and when I add a preset i use, I can hear the difference.
My question is, I tried to tweak some settings with Bass (Bass Effects > Immersive Bass) and (Bass Effects > True Bass) but it seems like none of these settings no matter what I click, or drag or enable seem to impact what I hear in any way

Just wondering if I am doing something silly and obvious or if its something I need to read up on further and figure out

The sound card (if it matters) is onboard but I do have a Creative Sound Blaster Zx which might be better if the sound card might be a limiting factor here.

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:45 am 

Have you tried the "Hear" button? That should make a lot of difference on the output if everything is setup properly.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:22 pm 

Quote:
Have you tried the "Hear" button? That should make a lot of difference on the output if everything is setup properly.
That was exactly the silly thing I was doing Minetti :D
Thank you very much for the response

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:53 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
That was exactly the silly thing I was doing Minetti :D
Thank you very much for the response
depending on the headphones you are using, lower frequencies may not be heard very well, especially if the output of your sound card is "vanilla" straight to your headphones from ST.
in my case, i prefer this method to calibrating ST for optimal sound as its a "vanilla" output to the headphones.