All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Why this forum section?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:04 pm 
Site Admin

I very often receive requests from people who ask me to listen to their stream. Often I don't have time to listen (long enough) to properly comment on the sound, so I decided to open this forum section for it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:20 am 

Well if i may be the first, then i will, but before i share my link i will say my station is very much a work in progress so expect a lot of changes throughout time, that being said i am sharing this more for the purpose of musical enjoyment than for technical advice, even though technical advice is certainly welcomed. i am using Stereo Tool as a VST on a centova system i built and the exact same settings on a DSP in Sam Broadcaster.

anyway, here goes

http://37.59.37.139:6456/ this is a server in france at 128Kbps Mp3

i've been told my newest settings sound like an Orban 8100 so i am eager to put them into the auto DJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:57 am 

Quote:
Well if i may be the first, then i will, but before i share my link i will say my station is very much a work in progress so expect a lot of changes throughout time, that being said i am sharing this more for the purpose of musical enjoyment than for technical advice, even though technical advice is certainly welcomed. i am using Stereo Tool as a VST on a centova system i built and the exact same settings on a DSP in Sam Broadcaster.

anyway, here goes

http://37.59.37.139:6456/ this is a server in france at 128Kbps Mp3

i've been told my newest settings sound like an Orban 8100 so i am eager to put them into the auto DJ
Pretty cool station! Doesn't sound squashed, in fact it sounds really dynamic which is what I love to hear! Wouldn't say it's quite Orban 8100 level yet though, you really can't beat the sound of that beast! One thing I'd change is the format. I think 128 AAC would be a better option than 128 MP3 as it doesn't have those yucky artifacts that are added after the conversion process, and it's a more modern codec.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:01 pm 

Quote:
Pretty cool station! Doesn't sound squashed, in fact it sounds really dynamic which is what I love to hear! Wouldn't say it's quite Orban 8100 level yet though, you really can't beat the sound of that beast! One thing I'd change is the format. I think 128 AAC would be a better option than 128 MP3 as it doesn't have those yucky artifacts that are added after the conversion process, and it's a more modern codec.
no, you should hear it live, that's when it supposedly sounds like the 8100, i'm still working on putting the new setting in my centova library, but thanks. and i would love the idea of AAC but many players out there still don't support it. i started this out as a Second Life station a couple years back and as far as i know that's still incompatible with AAC. but the idea has crossed my mind more than a few times

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:47 pm 

-Edit-
See new Topic: Clear Sound